Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Updating my profile with a new ECA with a different result than the original

Updating my profile with a new ECA with a different result than the original

Old Oct 25th 2020, 3:09 am
Just Joined

sister_natty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Updating my profile with a new ECA with a different result than the original

Hi guys, So I I got my ECA done about a year ago from WES, they gave me my Bachelors plus 6 months only for a year course I did in London. I wasn't satisfied with the result so decided to get my ECA done again but with BCIT, since I read someone got the full year for the same course with them. I did however submit my profile with the WES evaluation back then while I waited for the BCIT one. I got my BCIT ECA two days ago and they indeed give me the full year I deserved, giving me the extra points I needed. MY question is, now that it is updated if I do get an ITA and they want to see what was it that I updated and they see that WES had given me only 6 months, would this be a problem? Has anyone been in a similar situation? I was thinking of just deleting the current one and starting a new one just in case, but when they do the cut off when they send invitations they do look at how much time your entry has been in the pool to prioritize, so I don't know...
Old Oct 26th 2020, 12:26 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updating my profile with a new ECA with a different result than the original

i thought ( and am willing to be corrected) that you had to use either WES or IQA for qualifications , is BCIT a recognized agency for this?
Old Oct 26th 2020, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updating my profile with a new ECA with a different result than the original

BCIT is a designated organization

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tml#designated

they are called International Credential Evaluation Service on that page.