Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Updating File-Andrew Miller do you know how?

Updating File-Andrew Miller do you know how?

Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:49 pm
ktp
Just Joined

ktp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Updating File-Andrew Miller do you know how?

Hello,

Not posted for a while just been sitting and waiting!! However I got married 4weeks ago and need to update my file with CIC in London. The person I've married is on my application as a common-law partner.

I also need to update my work postion as I now have an extra year of work experience (AOR Oct 2005).

Can anyone tell me how to do this. I did a search on CIC's website but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Katy
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

loftuslee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Updating File-Andrew Miller do you know how?

Do you not just do that when they request a file update before they asses you?(standard procedure i think) or are you being assesed at the moment?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:04 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loftuslee
Do you not just do that when they request a file update before they asses you?(standard procedure i think) or are you being assesed at the moment?
ktp applied long before Simplified Application process (which I assume you applied under and will wait 5 years or forever for assessment if no arranged employment found) as he clearly indicated that AOR was received in Oct 2005, thus he submitted full application as at that time nobody was even thinking about that simplified nonsense.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jul 24th 2007 at 9:09 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by ktp
Hello,

Not posted for a while just been sitting and waiting!! However I got married 4weeks ago and need to update my file with CIC in London. The person I've married is on my application as a common-law partner.

I also need to update my work postion as I now have an extra year of work experience (AOR Oct 2005).

Can anyone tell me how to do this. I did a search on CIC's website but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Katy
Submit updated forms (every single form where facts have to be updated in your situation), marriage certificate and updated reference letter along with short explanation in cover letter.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
ktp applied long before Simplified Application process (which I assume you applied under and will wait 5 years or forever for assessment if no arranged employment found) as he clearly indicated that AOR was received in Oct 2005, thus he submitted full application as at that time nobody was even thinking about that simplified nonsense.
we can but grin and bear it..being freelance working on different commissions on a daily basis the closest i'll ever get to a pre-arranged arranged employer would be to have a Canadian Agent(not good enough im sure) even though i have (ironically) worked for canadian Magazines on commissions in the past

unavoidable long wait for me but i think i have the points even if they go up!

Last edited by loftuslee; Jul 24th 2007 at 9:28 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:33 pm

Why then, knowing well that you won't have arranged employment, you used lawyer for such simple thing as Simplified Application? Waste of money.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Why then, knowing well that you won't have arranged employment, you used lawyer for such simple thing as Simplified Application? Waste of money.
but as you know, as you yourself have stated before, nothing is really simple and my own situation is not "straightforward" therefore felt i required a lawyer
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by loftuslee
but as you know, as you yourself have stated before, nothing is really simple and my own situation is not "straightforward" therefore felt i required a lawyer
Yes, I always advocate and will continue advocating use of Authorized Immigration Representative. I undertstand you and only hope that others who are eligible to submit full application will follow your lead and won't end up as statistics among 50% refusals.

Also, based on tons of emails I receive daily, I strongly suggest to anyone who is about to submit Simplified Application to at least get full evaluation done by Authorized Immigration Representative before they send form and money to visa post. It is scary to see the number of people who are submitting or are about to submit simplified application without meeting selection criteria and pass mark, or even knowing if they meet requirements......