Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Updated info, PC, and medicals, again.

Wikiposts

Updated info, PC, and medicals, again.

Old Jun 17th 2004, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

canada_curious is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Updated info, PC, and medicals, again.

Hi all,

Here's our timeline:

We (my husband and I) applied on Sept 1999 under skilled worker class, Damascus.
We are originally from Iran, but we moved to US in 2000.

March 2002: interview waiver
March 2002: letter asking for ROLF, updated info, police clearances and medical exams
June 2002 : medicals done.
November 2002: Paid ROLF
long wait.....
June 2003 : medical expired.
July 2003: CAIPS notes.
CAIPS notes indicates that the background check is in progress. It also shows that
they have initiated the background check in September 2002.

Two days ago, We received medical forms and new applications forms IMM-0008 and Schedule 1 and 3,
additional family information form and the Damascus supplementary information form.
They have also requested police clearance from Iran and USA.

Questions:

1. Does this mean that the background checks are over, and that's why they are asking for
these items, or it's just another step in this never ending road? It's soon will be 5 years
since we applied and we have this feelig that we are getting nowhere.

2. Since we moved out of Iran in 2000, we have not returned there. They asked for Iranian police certificate
two years ago. We have supplied that. It took us 6 month to obtain that piece of document from here in USA.
I understand that Iranian PC has expired, but we can't do anything wrong in a place that we have not visited.
Is there a possibility that we can explain this to the embassy and get a waiver for Iranian police certificate?
Especially since they have given us only 60 days to supply this info. We received the letter this week, but
the date on the letter is May 13th. Therefore, we have less than a month left.

I do appreciate any input. We have benefited greatly from reading this forum.

Thank you

CC
Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:49 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Updated info, PC, and medicals, again.

You must provide updated PC from Iran - fact that you haven't been to Iran since the last PC doesn't matter as you may have been for example convicted there in absentia for something you did before leaving.

Originally posted by canada_curious
Hi all,

Here's our timeline:

We (my husband and I) applied on Sept 1999 under skilled worker class, Damascus.
We are originally from Iran, but we moved to US in 2000.

March 2002: interview waiver
March 2002: letter asking for ROLF, updated info, police clearances and medical exams
June 2002 : medicals done.
November 2002: Paid ROLF
long wait.....
June 2003 : medical expired.
July 2003: CAIPS notes.
CAIPS notes indicates that the background check is in progress. It also shows that
they have initiated the background check in September 2002.

Two days ago, We received medical forms and new applications forms IMM-0008 and Schedule 1 and 3,
additional family information form and the Damascus supplementary information form.
They have also requested police clearance from Iran and USA.

Questions:

1. Does this mean that the background checks are over, and that's why they are asking for
these items, or it's just another step in this never ending road? It's soon will be 5 years
since we applied and we have this feelig that we are getting nowhere.

2. Since we moved out of Iran in 2000, we have not returned there. They asked for Iranian police certificate
two years ago. We have supplied that. It took us 6 month to obtain that piece of document from here in USA.
I understand that Iranian PC has expired, but we can't do anything wrong in a place that we have not visited.
Is there a possibility that we can explain this to the embassy and get a waiver for Iranian police certificate?
Especially since they have given us only 60 days to supply this info. We received the letter this week, but
the date on the letter is May 13th. Therefore, we have less than a month left.

I do appreciate any input. We have benefited greatly from reading this forum.

Thank you

CC
Old Jun 18th 2004, 3:10 am
Just Joined

canada_curious is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, Andrew for your reply.

We will apply for the PC from Iran, then. The question is, will the embassy be OK with the long wait? 2 years ago, it took 6 months
after applying for Iranian PC to receive it here.
And any comments on if our case is anywhere near conclusion?

Thanks again,
CC

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
You must provide updated PC from Iran - fact that you haven't been to Iran since the last PC doesn't matter as you may have been for example convicted there in absentia for something you did before leaving.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 4:13 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Submit now all other requested documents and write in cover letter that you applied for Iranian PC and that you'll submit it as soon as you have it.

Originally posted by canada_curious
Thank you, Andrew for your reply.

We will apply for the PC from Iran, then. The question is, will the embassy be OK with the long wait? 2 years ago, it took 6 months
after applying for Iranian PC to receive it here.
And any comments on if our case is anywhere near conclusion?

Thanks again,
CC