Updated Info: 90 day letter

Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:32 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 61
Joel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the rough
Default Updated Info: 90 day letter

Hi everyone,

I really need some advice. I received a letter saying my application will be processed in 90 days. They are asking for any updated information. My circumstances havent changed at all since I applied. For example, i am in the same job and live at the same address. I understand the need for updated police certificates, but they have also asked for updated schedule 1 and 3 forms. As i have no new info to add are they really necessary? In the letter it says do not submit duplicates of the documents you have already submitted. To be honest, I cant really remember what i wrote. Someone please advise me what you think i should do?

thanks in advance. Joel.
Joel is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:54 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
nubbslad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Quispamsis New Brunswick
Posts: 88
nubbslad will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Originally Posted by Joel
Hi everyone,

I really need some advice. I received a letter saying my application will be processed in 90 days. They are asking for any updated information. My circumstances havent changed at all since I applied. For example, i am in the same job and live at the same address. I understand the need for updated police certificates, but they have also asked for updated schedule 1 and 3 forms. As i have no new info to add are they really necessary? In the letter it says do not submit duplicates of the documents you have already submitted. To be honest, I cant really remember what i wrote. Someone please advise me what you think i should do?

thanks in advance. Joel.
Hi Joel

I can't really help but I do know that Steve666 has received one today also
I think all you can do is try and remember what you wrote.
Can you please post when you applied and when you received your aor please.

Nicki

Last edited by nubbslad; Aug 7th 2006 at 7:01 am.
nubbslad is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2006, 8:25 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 61
Joel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Applied Sept04
AOR 26 Oct 04
Delay letter April 2007
Dealy letter few weeks later June 2007
Now this
Joel is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:19 am
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,842
steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Hi Joel,

Look at the answers I got in my thread, '90 day letter', near yours. There are a number of interesting replies from members which cover your question.


It seems many people didn't photocopy their forms, including me unfortunately

CIC is always ambiguous with instructions I have found, so I tend to go with the one that needs the most work, so filling them all in again in their entirety, no matter how difficult it is. I WILL BEAT THEM!!

I guess they've got so many to process going back two years that to sort out each one individually is just not on. So they do a blanket job, fill them all in and start again. Aahh well....

Originally Posted by Joel
Hi everyone,

I really need some advice. I received a letter saying my application will be processed in 90 days. They are asking for any updated information. My circumstances havent changed at all since I applied. For example, i am in the same job and live at the same address. I understand the need for updated police certificates, but they have also asked for updated schedule 1 and 3 forms. As i have no new info to add are they really necessary? In the letter it says do not submit duplicates of the documents you have already submitted. To be honest, I cant really remember what i wrote. Someone please advise me what you think i should do?

thanks in advance. Joel.
steve666 is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2006, 4:05 pm
  #5  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Originally Posted by steve666
Hi Joel,

Look at the answers I got in my thread, '90 day letter', near yours. There are a number of interesting replies from members which cover your question.


It seems many people didn't photocopy their forms, including me unfortunately

CIC is always ambiguous with instructions I have found, so I tend to go with the one that needs the most work, so filling them all in again in their entirety, no matter how difficult it is. I WILL BEAT THEM!!

I guess they've got so many to process going back two years that to sort out each one individually is just not on. So they do a blanket job, fill them all in and start again. Aahh well....
You should just do as asked. They do not know what you know and they need your signed forms to commit you to the informqtion you are providing.
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2006, 8:11 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,842
steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Hi Jim,
Ex visa officer? You must have connections then....

Anyway, the problem has always been, CIC asks for information from an individual, that individual try's to interpret it the best he can, each person interprets it in a different way, and then gets into difficulties, plus there are numerous questions only relating to that person. So what does everyone do? Like I did, I wanted specific answers to specific questions, having never dealt with immigration people before I asked... can't email, can't phone...so faxed (I'm allowed to do that) waited 2 weeks, was told to visit the web site, the web site is ok for general questions but not for specifics. Which is why web forums such as this are necessary, not optional but necessary.

The problem is of course obvious...Communication, when 2 groups don't/can't communicate with each other a barrier goes up and it becomes us and them.

Anyway, that's me off my soap box.

And looking at it from the other perspective...

After 2 years I have worked out that we (as potential immigrants) have to realise, as you rightly say, that the officer dealing with your case knows diddly squat about you or your circumstances. So deal with it that way, give as much information you can over and above what they ask. Add more if you think it's relevant to your case, then send a little bit more...and wait and see. Of course it hasn't helped after spending six months putting things together, sending it off and waiting for 2 years, to be told to do half of it again... But my wife and I want to be in Canada, I want my kids to be in Canada, so I'll do my damn best to get us there.

And Jim, I always thought you were the best visa officer they ever had, and I mean, EVER.








Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You should just do as asked. They do not know what you know and they need your signed forms to commit you to the informqtion you are providing.
steve666 is offline  
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:41 pm
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,294
britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Originally Posted by steve666
Hi Jim,
Ex visa officer? You must have connections then....

Anyway, the problem has always been, CIC asks for information from an individual, that individual try's to interpret it the best he can, each person interprets it in a different way, and then gets into difficulties, plus there are numerous questions only relating to that person. So what does everyone do? Like I did, I wanted specific answers to specific questions, having never dealt with immigration people before I asked... can't email, can't phone...so faxed (I'm allowed to do that) waited 2 weeks, was told to visit the web site, the web site is ok for general questions but not for specifics. Which is why web forums such as this are necessary, not optional but necessary.

The problem is of course obvious...Communication, when 2 groups don't/can't communicate with each other a barrier goes up and it becomes us and them.

Anyway, that's me off my soap box.

And looking at it from the other perspective...

After 2 years I have worked out that we (as potential immigrants) have to realise, as you rightly say, that the officer dealing with your case knows diddly squat about you or your circumstances. So deal with it that way, give as much information you can over and above what they ask. Add more if you think it's relevant to your case, then send a little bit more...and wait and see. Of course it hasn't helped after spending six months putting things together, sending it off and waiting for 2 years, to be told to do half of it again... But my wife and I want to be in Canada, I want my kids to be in Canada, so I'll do my damn best to get us there.

And Jim, I always thought you were the best visa officer they ever had, and I mean, EVER.

Steve you have something brown on your face, right on your nose, oh look its a bit of Jim's poo on your nose their LOL only kidding.

Great advice about the above and beyond, our application was 2 inches thick and sent in an additional half inch a month later. I think its always good to air on the side of caution.
britishvixen21 is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:32 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 90
michellej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Hi Joel,

we have received two of those letters,one in May then one in June,saying we had 120 days from from the date on our letters,we have replied using the date of the second letter.We did not do schedule 1 to 3 update as we had no new information.We did update,proof of current employment,police certificates and evidence of funds,thats all.
We are 28th Oct 2004 AOR,

Regards Michelle.
michellej is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2006, 8:50 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 61
Joel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Hi All

Thanks for the replies.

As I am on holiday, sorry vacation, I actually went down to CIC this morning.

The guy I spoke with was quite helpful. He said the officer will be looking at all the docs you submitted at the time of application. All they want is any new updates. He said you just need to go through the list and send in anything that needs updating. As expected, he emphasised the police check, funds and new employment/education.

I told him that was fine but the bit that worries me is schedule 1 and 3
My employment and education history is a bit "chequered" lets just say. The main concern was that at the time of application I had "guessed" the dates to the best I could recall. Also I foolishly kept no copies. I told him I was worried that I may give conflicting information and didn't want to jeopardise my application. I was completely frankwith him (and still a bit hung over).

He said to me, I should submit the schedule 1 and 3 forms because it say you must. However his advice was only fill them in from the date you sent the application to present. For the rest of the information history he said just say refer to previous form.

This was reassuring enough for me. So folks its up to you depending on how comnfortable you are. You can do this or fill in the whole thing.

Anyways I hope that helps
Joel is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2006, 9:42 pm
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,842
steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Joel. this is great of you to post this, I have started a new post '90 day letter better explained', so that people will look at it and be better informed.

Enjoying your holiday? Don't get too pis%^%d we need your input....


Originally Posted by Joel
Hi All

Thanks for the replies.

As I am on holiday, sorry vacation, I actually went down to CIC this morning.

The guy I spoke with was quite helpful. He said the officer will be looking at all the docs you submitted at the time of application. All they want is any new updates. He said you just need to go through the list and send in anything that needs updating. As expected, he emphasised the police check, funds and new employment/education.

I told him that was fine but the bit that worries me is schedule 1 and 3
My employment and education history is a bit "chequered" lets just say. The main concern was that at the time of application I had "guessed" the dates to the best I could recall. Also I foolishly kept no copies. I told him I was worried that I may give conflicting information and didn't want to jeopardise my application. I was completely frankwith him (and still a bit hung over).

He said to me, I should submit the schedule 1 and 3 forms because it say you must. However his advice was only fill them in from the date you sent the application to present. For the rest of the information history he said just say refer to previous form.

This was reassuring enough for me. So folks its up to you depending on how comnfortable you are. You can do this or fill in the whole thing.

Anyways I hope that helps
steve666 is offline  
Old Aug 8th 2006, 10:10 pm
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,842
steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

LOL, I was expecting that. No reply though from Jim....expected I guess. One wonders if they (CIC), have their own forum to let their hair down...

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Steve you have something brown on your face, right on your nose, oh look its a bit of Jim's poo on your nose their LOL only kidding.

Great advice about the above and beyond, our application was 2 inches thick and sent in an additional half inch a month later. I think its always good to air on the side of caution.
steve666 is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2006, 12:14 am
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,294
britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Originally Posted by steve666
LOL, I was expecting that. No reply though from Jim....expected I guess. One wonders if they (CIC), have their own forum to let their hair down...

Wouldnt that be interesting to see, they probably sit their complaining about us as much as we complain about them, I guess they are human underneath.........I think!

I wonder if they read this forum at all.
britishvixen21 is offline  
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:31 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 61
Joel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the roughJoel is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Updated Info: 90 day letter

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Wouldnt that be interesting to see, they probably sit their complaining about us as much as we complain about them, I guess they are human underneath.........I think!

I wonder if they read this forum at all.
They might do. I mentioned it to one of them at the Emigrate show in Sandown once. She said she would take a look. I had hoped she would become a member but maybe not
Joel is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.