Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Update on LMO Approval in British Columbia

Update on LMO Approval in British Columbia

Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Mags6666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update on LMO Approval in British Columbia

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that I have just spoken to the HRSDC who issue the Labour Market Opinions for Employers and queried how long they generally take to come through as I have had various advice from people both on and off this site and wanted to double check!

The lady there said that in British Columbia LMO's are currently taking no longer than 3-4 weeks so this is good news don't you think, as I was lead to believe it would be no less than 3 months and someone else on here I see has said 6 months (maybe that is for a different territory?).

As much as I think this site is a great resource, I think there can be a danger of depending on it solely for information and treating the repliesd as gosepel and possibly ending up with the wrong information

Anyway, just wanted to give a little back as so many people have replied to me when I have had queries
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

NicknBridget is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update on LMO Approval in British Columbia

Hi Mags
Just wondering who you contacted and what number you called? We are waiting for an LMO to come through for New Brunswick and are not really sure how long it may take. It might be good to have some idea what length of time to expect.
Thanks
Bridget

Originally Posted by Mags6666
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that I have just spoken to the HRSDC who issue the Labour Market Opinions for Employers and queried how long they generally take to come through as I have had various advice from people both on and off this site and wanted to double check!

The lady there said that in British Columbia LMO's are currently taking no longer than 3-4 weeks so this is good news don't you think, as I was lead to believe it would be no less than 3 months and someone else on here I see has said 6 months (maybe that is for a different territory?).

As much as I think this site is a great resource, I think there can be a danger of depending on it solely for information and treating the repliesd as gosepel and possibly ending up with the wrong information

Anyway, just wanted to give a little back as so many people have replied to me when I have had queries
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Mags6666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update on LMO Approval in British Columbia

Hi Bridget

You call the HRSDC who are responsible for issuing the LMO's to employers, however, they may not give you specific information on your case as they say they deal with the employer direct only but may be able to give you a guideline on processing time as to when your employer submitted your LMO.

Tel. No. +1 604 687 7803

www.hrsdc.gc.ca