Update Information - what happens

Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:38 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default Update Information - what happens

Does anybody know what actually happens when they receive the updated information? Do they validate all your employment and education history etc?

I''m only asking because in the last couple days i have notice that some people have received they med requests within 5 weeks and others have waited several months.

It has nothing to do with me being impatient.lol
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all
Default Re: Update Information - what happens

I understand from reading the forum that checks are done to verify the information you provide about your addresses, etc. but the time frames for processing vary.

My med requests came a month after submitting my updated info but I am single with no dependents and considered my application was straightforward. I tried to put in a well signposted and evidenced application that made it easier for the immigration officers to process. In the end I don't know if it helped.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KJM
Does anybody know what actually happens when they receive the updated information? Do they validate all your employment and education history etc?

I''m only asking because in the last couple days i have notice that some people have received they med requests within 5 weeks and others have waited several months.

It has nothing to do with me being impatient.lol

I think that it's just to check whether anything major has changed since you submitted all the info many moons ago. Timescales from updates to meds tend to be quite random, but my guess would be that, providing there's no significant changes to update, that your meds should come through fairly quickly. Ours came within a few weeks (see my signature) and we're a family of 4.

Having said that, they do say that things slow down a bit at this time of year due to temp work permits being prioritised, so be patient (and try not to grind your teeth down to stumps!) Keep smiling...you're close now...
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:38 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Moggiemiss
I understand from reading the forum that checks are done to verify the information you provide about your addresses, etc. but the time frames for processing vary.

My med requests came a month after submitting my updated info but I am single with no dependents and considered my application was straightforward. I tried to put in a well signposted and evidenced application that made it easier for the immigration officers to process. In the end I don't know if it helped.
Hi

Thank you for your comments.

We are a couple with no dependents but did provide additional work contracts, references, MSc and upgraded professional status certificates, which would take a little time to get through.

Good luck
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:40 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snoopster
I think that it's just to check whether anything major has changed since you submitted all the info many moons ago. Timescales from updates to meds tend to be quite random, but my guess would be that, providing there's no significant changes to update, that your meds should come through fairly quickly. Ours came within a few weeks (see my signature) and we're a family of 4.

Having said that, they do say that things slow down a bit at this time of year due to temp work permits being prioritised, so be patient (and try not to grind your teeth down to stumps!) Keep smiling...you're close now...

Thanks for your comments

Yes your meds were very fast coming through.

I shall keep be patient I'm just super keen.

Good luck to you and your family.