Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Unpaid Representative - question for Experts

Unpaid Representative - question for Experts

Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Satish bha'dwaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unpaid Representative - question for Experts

I am in process of sending an form IIM 5476 to authorize a unpaid representative to get the details of my application status.

Here my question is, if i send in the form this week, to CHC london, in how many days can i expect my representative can get access to my application status.

Appreciate your response at the earliest.

Regards
Satish
Old Jun 19th 2004, 1:56 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Unpaid Representative - question for Experts

You can't send it to London. Request for CAIPS must be submitted (with your authorization and proper fee) to CIC in Ottawa by your representative in Canada. You cannot apply for it yourself.

Process will take 4 to 6+ weeks.

But it is not always necessary to apply for CAIPS file - most of the time you won't find in CAIPS any info you are looking for. All depends from the stage your case is at. If you just submitted application and/or case is still within reasonable pre-assessment period then getting CAIPS file now is worthless.

Originally posted by Satish bha'dwaj
I am in process of sending an form IIM 5476 to authorize a unpaid representative to get the details of my application status.

Here my question is, if i send in the form this week, to CHC london, in how many days can i expect my representative can get access to my application status.

Appreciate your response at the earliest.

Regards
Satish

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jun 19th 2004 at 1:59 am.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Satish bha'dwaj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
You can't send it to London. Request for CAIPS must be submitted (with your authorization and proper fee) to CIC in Ottawa by your representative in Canada. You cannot apply for it yourself.

Process will take 4 to 6+ weeks.

But it is not always necessary to apply for CAIPS file - most of the time you won't find in CAIPS any info you are looking for. All depends from the stage your case is at. If you just submitted application and/or case is still within reasonable pre-assessment period then getting CAIPS file now is worthless.

Mr. Miller

Thanks for your prompt reply, here my question is sending form to designate the authority to one of my representatives, so should i send this form to London directly or to the representatives. As i am right now not intending to get the CAIPS file. so what should be done in this case, and how many days it takes to get the required authority for my rep.

Regards
Old Jun 20th 2004, 3:15 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

If your application is already pending and you don't want to apply for your CAIPS file then what you need unregistered representative for at this stage?

Such representative won't get any better information about status of your case from visa post than you can get yourself. If your case is still within processing standards then be patient and don't bother London about status.

If your case is well beyond processing standards then don't use unregistered representative - hire only authorized immigration practitioner in Canada to help you.

Originally posted by Satish bha'dwaj
Mr. Miller

Thanks for your prompt reply, here my question is sending form to designate the authority to one of my representatives, so should i send this form to London directly or to the representatives. As i am right now not intending to get the CAIPS file. so what should be done in this case, and how many days it takes to get the required authority for my rep.

Regards