Is this unnessessary stress?

Old May 20th 2011, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future
Default Is this unnessessary stress?

Hi

Just need to offload. We have been waiting 14 week now for our visa's and still nothing. We had our PR in Feb. I am getting so stressed i'm not sleeping. Can anyone give me any comfort and tell me they will turn up soon!!!!!
Thanks all
Old May 20th 2011, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this unnessessary stress?

No, we had to wait 3 years. You have some way to go before you obtain my sympathy
Old May 20th 2011, 4:52 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 27mich71
Hi

Just need to offload. We have been waiting 14 week now for our visa's and still nothing. We had our PR in Feb. I am getting so stressed i'm not sleeping. Can anyone give me any comfort and tell me they will turn up soon!!!!!
Thanks all
Have they replied to any of your e-mails asking where they are?
Old May 20th 2011, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
No, we had to wait 3 years. You have some way to go before you obtain my sympathy
Hi. We have already waited 4 years, we had our PR and are waiting our visa's
Old May 20th 2011, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Have they replied to any of your e-mails asking where they are?
Hi AmyDavid

Yeh, you kindly gave me the email and they have said they have recieved our passports and fees have been paid, however they do also say that you have to be prepared to be without your passports for up to 6 weeks and it is now 14 weeks
Old May 20th 2011, 5:00 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 27mich71
Hi AmyDavid

Yeh, you kindly gave me the email and they have said they have recieved our passports and fees have been paid, however they do also say that you have to be prepared to be without your passports for up to 6 weeks and it is now 14 weeks
E-mail them again and point out how long it has been. Don't be afraid to hassle them up!
Old May 20th 2011, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
E-mail them again and point out how long it has been. Don't be afraid to hassle them up!
Ah, thank you so much AmyDavid, really appreciate your support. I am scared that they are sitting on someones desk under another pile of papers!!
I'm keeping postive though. Has it ever been known to be turned down at this point. They have our fees
Old May 20th 2011, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

If they have requested your passports you will be fine, they are more likely to have mislead them. Passports are normally returned within 3 weeks if you have mailed them.

I would keep emailing them until you get an adequate response.

Goodluck.

Poppit
Old May 20th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppit
Hi

If they have requested your passports you will be fine, they are more likely to have mislead them. Passports are normally returned within 3 weeks if you have mailed them.

I would keep emailing them until you get an adequate response.

Goodluck.

Poppit
you poppit I will keep emailing them
Old May 21st 2011, 3:10 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Mich, by gum you are sangine! Had I been without my passport for 14 weeks I would have short circuited! I have just sent off for a new passport to Paris and have been told to wait 4 weeks and I'm getting antsy two weeks on! What in heavens name would happen if you had an urgent need for the thing? My very best of luck, I think this sounds awful. To wait is one thing, to wait sans passport is quite another. My very best of luck.

Last edited by MillieF; May 21st 2011 at 3:11 am. Reason: typo