University Transcripts

Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default University Transcripts

How old can university transcripts be for a FSW application?

We have some dated from last year, all above board, signed and stamped. They're just a year old.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: University Transcripts

No age limit for education certificates as far as I know. The only restriction is it has to be in a sealed envelope stamped by the university. When I applied for PR, I luckily still had the original envelope my transcript came in, so I simply re-glued it shut. Seemed to do the trick :P My transcript was over 1 year old at the time.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Do you need it educationally accredited? In that case, read the instructions from the relevant institution. For eg. ICAS require some to be sent directly from the University. Good luck with your application!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

The current document checklist (at the time of writing) has no requirement for them to be sealed in a university envelope. I'm happy to hear they accepted transcripts that were not recently dated for you.

The have to be sealed and sent by the uni for educational assessment, but this leads me onto my main area of uncertainty (and ties this in with my other thread about qualifications). I'll apply the disclaimer that the application pack will change very soon, but (this is lengthy but please stick with it):

1) I've only sent my degree off for evaluation. That is my highest qualification and the only one relevant to the noc I'm applying under.

2) BUT, you have to list all post secondary education, so now I'm thinking that you will need to have all post secondary education evaluated - it seems strange to me that they would only accept an evaluation certificate for some of the things you have listed, and plain old foreign (from a Canadian POV) certificates and transcripts for the rest.

3) Currently you need to include certificates and transcripts for accompanying spouse or common-law partner, and as you can claim points (that's the important part in my thinking) for your partners education I think there's a chance that those will need to be evaluated too.

So in conclusion, the documentation released so far isn't clear or complete enough, and either all post secondary education should be evaluated (something I have not done), or CIC are applying the need for education assessment inconsistently across the application.

Anyone have any thoughts one way or the other?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by floatsy
Do you need it educationally accredited? In that case, read the instructions from the relevant institution. For eg. ICAS require some to be sent directly from the University. Good luck with your application!
Hi,

You beet me to the reply.

It's related, but as you can see from my last post I'm thinking of a wider context relating to the rest of the application.

Cheers
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

scribe

I have not read the updated instructions (since I no longer qualify for FSW) but if it does not specify Uni transcripts need to be in an envelope, I presume that is fine given they are originals.

If you go via ICAS then they will request it, at least they did for me. They also wanted my University to send a form.

Best wishes,
f
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future

World Education Services will only accept transcript in a specific format and it must be mailed to them directly from the University. Just been through this with my daughter.

Regards
Ang
Old Apr 26th 2013, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AJRowan
World Education Services will only accept transcript in a specific format and it must be mailed to them directly from the University. Just been through this with my daughter.

Regards
Ang
This isn't about WES, as I've said the transcripts for those were sent directly from my university, and they are currently being evaluated (if their online system is to be believed). This is about additional qualifications not relevant to the noc I am applying under, and the qualifications for my wife.

If these others don't need evaluation then the evaluation rule isn't being applied consistently across the application, which I have no problem with, but it isn't clear from what's been released if that is the case or not.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Under the new points system, as pre-published in the Canada Gazette, you will no longer score points for your wife's education, although you could score points for her proficiency in English or French (it seems IELTS, CELPIP or TEF results would be required for that). Hopefully you have enough points anyway.

As mentioned in another post, technically CIC could announce that your wife's qualifications need to be evaluated, but for the life of me I cannot see why they would.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Argh, or course! The new points system. I'd forgotten about that.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.