University sealed envelopes

Old Aug 6th 2010, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: University sealed envelopes

Originally Posted by transatlantic
I ordered mine from Northumbria, they said they would invoice me for the 25 quid..... I guess the invoice was in the sealed envelope I sent to CIC because it never came later!
Haha, unintentionally awesome approach, get CIC to foot the bill for all the unnecessary documents
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Haha, unintentionally awesome approach, get CIC to foot the bill for all the unnecessary documents
Yeah we have a sealed envelope from Loughborough University with our degree transcripts (hopefully!) in and also one from Nottingham University with my wife's PhD letter.

The biggest problem is you can't open the damn envelope to check that the documents are in order and don't contain a "sorry we can't give you a transcript" letter because they have to stay sealed!

Bit of a leap of faith there, I guess Alas we paid for ours prior to them sending it so no chance that the CIC will advertantly pay our bill for us!

Wayne.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Hmmm no charge for ours from Exeter and Leeds Universities.

It just depends on how greedy they are. CIC just wants direct confirmation to go with notarised copies of your degree certs - they have no idea what a degree cert from a particular uni looks like!

I personally spoke to the admin officers at both uni's and emailed them the precise nature of what we needed and asked them to email drafts back to me so I could check they were right before they send them to us in sealed envelopes - they stamped and signed across the seals. Took about a fortnight. Similar messing with notarised docs - got family solicitor who had just done some work for us to do it - did all 12 docs for only £10. I agree with people that notarisation means nothing really - its just a*** covering for CIC.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:06 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The main reason is always that some applicants "amend" transcripts so all must pay for the few that do that.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The main reason is always that some applicants "amend" transcripts so all must pay for the few that do that.
There are many fake transcripts and certificates circulating in Asia, which ESL teachers can easily order from online websites. You can pretend to be a Harvard or Oxford graduate and make good money by teaching English.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:30 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that may be possible with some, but mine are on fancy patterned paper with a hologram design that is non-photocopiable and any tampering would be blatantly obvious. If I could forge documents to that standard I would be forging fifty pound notes, not my University transcript!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:40 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I agree but they have to have the same rule for all applicants. I will bet that they do "overlook" sometimes because they have no doubt about authenticity but one takes a chance if one relies on their indulgence.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 6:09 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree but they have to have the same rule for all applicants. I will bet that they do "overlook" sometimes because they have no doubt about authenticity but one takes a chance if one relies on their indulgence.
The woman who runs the service at Liverpool would not overlook anything! She was 'jobsworth' through and through.
I offered to take my previous transcript ( 1 year old) to their office by hand (a two and half hour drive for me each way, but I could at least have done it as part of a journey to see my Mum!) with any personal documents they wished to see to verify who I was. Also, they run an online ordering system, so they can very easily access your information again of you have ordered transcripts before, like I had.
Her reason for not verifying my previous copy as correct and placing it in a sealed envelope was that 'we would have to read it all to make sure that it had not been changed'.
WHAT? You mean all 1 and a half pages of A4, AND at the same time comparing it with the info that pops up in seconds on a computer screen? My, my, that would be too much to ask!
Is my sarcasm coming over nicely here
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Blendin is an unknown quantity at this point

There are also professional bodies in Canada (CGA) that require university transcripts in sealed envelopes.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I resealed mine, I had the original envelope from the University and the original transcript. I'm not expecting any problems, though of course I could get my application back at any time. I don't see any point of altering them, since whatever grade you get it still counts as a Bachelors Degree...
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Feel for everyone having to bear this nonsense, but there are hordes of pepole mainly from asia (not intended as a racist remark) who forge these docs and similar with the language ability thing - sadly its now possible to get a degree from a British uni and be far from a fluent English speaker. These restrictions are to cater for the 2% of charlatans out there. Personally, I think they should just interview every applicant and take the fees regardless - that way they get to see all of the original docs, see the applicant, hear them speak and ask questions.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:27 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Blendin
There are also professional bodies in Canada (CGA) that require university transcripts in sealed envelopes.
Yes, that is true. Some Teaching bodies actually go further than that - they must have the transcripts sent directly to them from the awarding institution, so that they do not pass through the hands of the applicant at all.
I wonder what happens if, like mine the first time round, the transcripts sent are incomplete or incorrect? It would seem unfair for the candidate to pay again or be penalised in time delay for their college's error.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by helcat12
It would seem unfair for the candidate to pay again or be penalised in time delay for their college's error.
It would seem unfair for the candidate for a number of things the CIC has required people here to do due to circumstances outside of their control. As an immigrant you're at their mercy
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
It would seem unfair for the candidate for a number of things the CIC has required people here to do due to circumstances outside of their control. As an immigrant you're at their mercy
The worst part about the sealed envelope thing is that you have no way to validate that what the University is sending you is correct. We sent ours but for all we know we could have just been sending a letter saying "Sorry we don't issue transcripts any more" or "Please donate to our Alumni!".

A leap of faith indeed!

Wayne.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

The fact that CIC have you send the transcripts to them suggests they simply dont want the responsibility of requesting they be sent direct. They want your visa app submitted as one package. Don't know why they don't produce a form that you can send to your old uni stating exactly what they want. My uni said they dont keep a record of individual subject marks after 10 yrs so could only send confirmation for dates I was there, subject studied and classification.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.