Unfair CIC

Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unfair CIC

Canada's immigration issues definitely harm the country because a lot of the decent people who could end up coming in are put off by the slow waiting time, the lack of communication, and so on, so that means the resulting people are more likely to be desperate, possibly so desperate they've lied on their application just get out of their country.

I don't see the immigration system improving though, no matter how many lawsuits are brought against CIC. They haven't done anything really illegal, they haven't breached any human rights, they've just been deathly slow and inefficient.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Not as slow as this though

http://www.psac-afpc.com/news/2011/i...111116-e.shtml

With the planned 4 billion in cuts by the Govt to all Federal Depts over the next several years who knows what the system will be like.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:53 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisparr
They are a government organisation and the government is answerable to the people.
As a canadian taxpayer and immigrant I dont care to spend more money on the immigration system to make it faster, I dont think the current set up is necessarily costing the economy here too many outstanding candidates they choose to go elsewhere as a consequence of the bureaucracy, and thats the bottom line.

If any prospective immigrant feels like Canada "invited" them, then they are delusional. As Aviator pointed out, CIC is there to serve the needs of the Canadian economy, nothing more, nothing less.

As for the fees, its not taken "for nothing", its there to pay for the required service. If so many people didnt try and cheat, then not so many checks would be required. Canadian immigration is intended to be a tax neutral venture, it in theory does not require tax payer input and does not generate revenue, the fees charged cover the costs. Dont know if that actually the case though.

Last edited by iaink; Nov 30th 2011 at 4:56 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

At least this is not our Govt in action lol absolutely unbelievable.

http://thephotographer4you.com/2011/...llion-dollars/
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Yes obviously I understand, that is common ....
Opps, sorry. Didn't mean to be condescending

Whilst I fully understand that the economic needs of the country come above those who want to liven and work in Canada, I do agree that CIC processes/procedures and communication could be improved, BUT I also understand why it is what it is and that is isn't the fault of front line CIC employees......

..... now, come back in two years when I've been waiting without communication and watch me be a hypocrite
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink

If any prospective immigrant feels like Canada "invited" them, then they are delusional......

.....As for the fees, its not taken "for nothing", its there to pay for the required service.
Couldn't agree more.

Let's be honest, anyone wanting to move to Canada is doing so for selfish reasons. None of us are doing this because we feel it's our duty or we owe Canada anything. We are in it for number one.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
At least this is not our Govt in action lol absolutely unbelievable.

http://thephotographer4you.com/2011/...llion-dollars/
Is there a smiley face for rolling eyes? If so insert here.

Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

mugdhadamle is an unknown quantity at this point

I definitely agree to what it is said that CANADA didn't invite "US" to immigrate and live & work in Canada; obviously everyone applying for any country PR is doing it for their selfish reasons, may it be a better lifestyle, better work offer...etc.

I feel that if there are so many people who made their application for FSW, and when you understand that, your system is incapable of handling it...you should clearly mention the Actions that CIC is thinking to take PRO-ACTIVELY. It is nothing but TRUST that every applicant has shown in the Canadian Goverment, thinking they will get to hear "POSITIVE/NEGATIVE" reply in the period that was told to them at the time of application and if not so at least give the priority to the applicants who are already in que rather than accepting new application and not paying attention to the backlog cases....

Anyway this is my opinion....I may be wrong but yes desperate to hear from CIC...