Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Un Helpful EX will not provide data for PR Application.

Un Helpful EX will not provide data for PR Application.

Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Un Helpful EX will not provide data for PR Application.

I have asked my ex-wife to provide information regarding my childrens passports / height / provide photographs / consent to medicals etc etc basicly all the information you require for PR application. We do NOT get on at all and she is point blank refusing to provide any details or co-operate in ANY way shape or form and is all out to make things difficult.

The kids are (not kids) 18 & 16. They live with her in Northern Ireland and will not be travelling with me to Canada and I will not be sponsoring them.

How do you therefore complete the forms for PR when it asks for all this data and what do you say to CIC when you submit your application.

Any help is appreciated.

Many Thanks
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Un Helpful EX will not provide data for PR Application.

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
I have asked my ex-wife to provide information regarding my childrens passports / height / provide photographs / consent to medicals etc etc basicly all the information you require for PR application. We do NOT get on at all and she is point blank refusing to provide any details or co-operate in ANY way shape or form and is all out to make things difficult.

The kids are (not kids) 18 & 16. They live with her in Northern Ireland and will not be travelling with me to Canada and I will not be sponsoring them.

How do you therefore complete the forms for PR when it asks for all this data and what do you say to CIC when you submit your application.

Any help is appreciated.

Many Thanks
Why not ask your kids for the information?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by daft batty
Why not ask your kids for the information?
I have but she lost the plot and she would never allow them to go and have medicals or provide photo's just to please me.

If I have never had a Birthday card or Xmas card in 7 years then I don't stand much chance of asking for anything else.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:27 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

If you think you can't get the information out of her, maybe ask a solicitor for options? Do you have any rights of access to the children?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
If you think you can't get the information out of her, maybe ask a solicitor for options? Do you have any rights of access to the children?
Yes I have access rights.

Regarding the maintenance payments I have been told she will be asked by CIC if she is happy with arrangements. She has no argument on this as I have never ever missed a payment. Solicitor said I could sign a affadavit saying I will continue to pay while living abroad as it is court orders and not CSA but has no authority to force them to go for medicals and photos etc.

Was just wondering if anyone had come accross this as there must be people who have no contact with ex & kids yet still emmigrate and are unable to produce children's info on the applications, and what CIC have said to them.

Thanks
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Do your kids go away on holiday with you - maybe you should try that but otherwise you don't have a lot of chance of getting the information from your ex. Maybe you could talk to your kids and explain to them the opportunities you can offer them at a later date when they decide to perhaps come and live in Canada. I have been in a similar situation but thank God my son lives with me and wants to immigrate. Another solution could be to ask a good mutual friend or a relative to explain the situation to the kids and also to your ex.

Good Luck
Ruby
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have access rights.

Regarding the maintenance payments I have been told she will be asked by CIC if she is happy with arrangements. She has no argument on this as I have never ever missed a payment. Solicitor said I could sign a affadavit saying I will continue to pay while living abroad as it is court orders and not CSA but has no authority to force them to go for medicals and photos etc.

Was just wondering if anyone had come accross this as there must be people who have no contact with ex & kids yet still emmigrate and are unable to produce children's info on the applications, and what CIC have said to them.

Thanks
I am sure theres a way round it and CIC will have come across this before. Perhaps you can write to them and ask what the alternatives are?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to all for the help.

Son poss coming for Xmas so could prob get the passport etc data.

Medicals at a later date will prob be the stumbling block.

CIC must have come accross this before but when I emailed them for advice (thinking one step ahead to provide all the correct info and explain things and help us and them) they just emailed back and said they will not discuss cases on an adhoc basis so please don't ask....Excellent, no wonder it takes 4 yrs for an application to go thru...sure they have their reasons.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

I am sure theres a way round it and CIC will have come across this before. Perhaps you can write to them and ask what the alternatives are?
Sorry replied as you did at same time.

That was the next plan actualy just to write for advice and the way forward.

As you say they and some on BE here must have come accross this before.

Thanks
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks
we used an immigration consultant , she may be able to advise. PM me if youwant her name etc
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Peter Lowestoft will become famous soon enough

Thanks
I've had a similar experience. I ended up writing a letter to CIC and explained situation, and enclosed a letter signed by a solicitor stating that I will not be sponsoring my daughter now, or at anytime in the future, to live in Canada. They replied with a copy of the act/regulation covering this type of situation, R117(9)(d) of IRPA (Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations), and a pro-forma declaration that I had to have witnessed by a magistrate.
Seems like a hell of way to get back at the ex!!!
Good Luck
Pete
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter Lowestoft
I've had a similar experience. I ended up writing a letter to CIC and explained situation, and enclosed a letter signed by a solicitor stating that I will not be sponsoring my daughter now, or at anytime in the future, to live in Canada. They replied with a copy of the act/regulation covering this type of situation, R117(9)(d) of IRPA (Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations), and a pro-forma declaration that I had to have witnessed by a magistrate.
Seems like a hell of way to get back at the ex!!!
Good Luck
Pete
Pete,

Many Thanks for the advice.

Will get on a write a letter and explain the situation see what they come back with.

We will be going over Feb time via the PNP route so should have time if we write now to get some sort of answer from CIC to sort our life out. You never know she could mellow....
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

we used an immigration consultant , she may be able to advise. PM me if youwant her name etc
Will do TA
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

I have but she lost the plot and she would never allow them to go and have medicals or provide photo's just to please me.

If I have never had a Birthday card or Xmas card in 7 years then I don't stand much chance of asking for anything else.
Hi
I may be missing the point, but as you will not be taking them (the young adults) with you, I can't see why you would need to get photos and medicals done for them. It is my understanding that you just have to supply all of your family details for non accompanying family members. I think (CIC ) only ask for DOB's names and addresses.

If they wanted to come to you for a holiday, they could come for 6 months on a normal passport in any case. Maybe your ex could prevent the 16 yr old from coming out but in 2 years time she will not have a say in any case.

I think CIC want to know who all of your family are in case at a later date you do decide to sponsor them. It is good advice to write to CIC and take their advice
Good luck whatever you do decide to do....What a truly nasty situation....I really do feel for you.......whatever you do don't let it stop you from doing what you want to do.
Regards
Stef and Lins
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all

Being of age, wouldn't at least your 18 yr old be able to give you the information his/herself without the mother's consent? And in divorce cases, isn't a child of 16 allowed to decide themselves who they wish to live with? So in that case, perhaps through a solicitor wouldn't your 16 yr old also be able to make the decision if he/she wants to do the medicals as well? (assuming that both children are ok with providing you with these details for your application).

How terrible to think that one day if your children want to come and live in Canada to be closer to you, that you would never be able to sponsor them. I think it's a good idea to keep options open for them for their future. They may not want to leave their friends/family now but 10 years down the track it could be a different story.

Best of luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.