UK Spousal Apply to Buffalo?

Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:50 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK Spousal Apply to Buffalo?

A UK citizen friend of mine is living with her boyfriend in Toronto on a visitors visa. She is considering applying for Conjugal Spousal or Work Permit. She seems to think that she can apply to Buffalo for both of these, but I thought that she had to apply to London CHC? Her boyfriend is also a UK citizen but has Canadian PR. I don't know a lot about this category, could someone enlighten me please?
Many thanks,
Tia
Old Jul 15th 2004, 10:54 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spousal Apply to Buffalo?

Hi Tia

Originally posted by Tiaribbon
A UK citizen friend of mine is living with her boyfriend in Toronto on a visitors visa. She is considering applying for Conjugal Spousal or Work Permit. She seems to think that she can apply to Buffalo for both of these, but I thought that she had to apply to London CHC? Her boyfriend is also a UK citizen but has Canadian PR. I don't know a lot about this category, could someone enlighten me please?
Many thanks,
Tia
Only if she has been admitted to Canada for a year as a visitor can she apply to Buffalo.

PMM
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Tiaribbon
Many thanks,
Tia
Unfortunatley i have looked in to in canada and out of canada applications for myself

your friend application for spousal/conjual as they live in canada has to go through vergville alberta as an in canada application providing there is no problems should take someone said at the mo 216 days appx 8 months this is if her boyfriend meets the sponsorship criteria and they have been in arelationship for more than a year and prove it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/in.html
while this is being processed she cant leave the country unless under certain circumstances

A work permit is as rare as rocking horse poo due to the fact the company who is applying for her to work for them must prove to hrdc Human resources department that the job has been tendered to the canadian job market and cant be filled by a canadian citizien once that has been confirmed then she can apply for a work permit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.html which goes through the i belive the buffalo office

in addiation Your friends vistor visa will last a maximum of 6 months where she will have to apply for an extension through cic vergville stating a reason why which you should apply at the same time as the immigration for in canada to prove to them for the extension if no pacific reason is given as canada does not recognise fiancee it could be denied making furure visits hard or impossible

If she was to apply for immigration under sponsorship from the uk then it would go through the missuaga office this would take at best ive herd 4 months + and as i understand her boyfriend cant accompany her and apply beacuse he is not a citizein of canada but can only apply if he stays in canada

I hope this sheds some light for you and your friend
regards matty266
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:51 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

PMM and Matty,

Thank you very much for your replies. I will pass on all this information to her. She, like so many, is desperate to stay in Canada and is looking for the quickest way to allow her to remain there.

Kind regards,
Tia