Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Uk psychiatric nurse moving to canada

Uk psychiatric nurse moving to canada

Old May 30th 2017, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

fletcn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk psychiatric nurse moving to canada

Hello all. Are there any nurses or psychiatric nurses that could advise me?

Both me and my husband are psychiatric nurses. I qualified with the diploma and later topped up to a degree. He had a previous psychology degree and did the two year masters in psychiatric nursing course.

We want to move to and work in British columbia (although we are open to other areas that accept the RMN qualification). We have one son. We plan to:

1st. Get other non nursing degrees evaluated by international credential services for immigration points.
2nd. Both do academic IELTS.
3rd. Start NNAS process.
4th.Register with CRPNBC (college of registered psychiatric nurses)
5th. Apply for express entry under skilled migrant category and start to apply for jobs.

I have two questions.
Does this sound like the right order/process?
Me and my husband would get similar points on express entry so either one of us could be the main applicant, but does anyone know who would be more likely to make it through NNAS without having to do further study/ bridging course.

Thanks in advance.