UK Passport Renewal / PPR

Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

bart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud of
Default UK Passport Renewal / PPR

Don't know if anyone can advise, I completed medicals a few weeks ago and am subsequently waiting on my PPR [fingers crossed] BUT my UK passport expires next year.

Am I as well getting a new passport just now in order that I can post this off to London and the Visa goes onto this or would it be OK just to keep my existing one at present and renew in due course.

Unsure if there are advantages either way?

Thx
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal / PPR

Originally Posted by bart2804
Don't know if anyone can advise, I completed medicals a few weeks ago and am subsequently waiting on my PPR [fingers crossed] BUT my UK passport expires next year.

Am I as well getting a new passport just now in order that I can post this off to London and the Visa goes onto this or would it be OK just to keep my existing one at present and renew in due course.

Thx
You will need to land before your passport expires - if it expires before your 1st anniversary of your medicals. You may want to check if you need a minimum amount of time left on your passport, for instance 6 months at the time of landing.

Last edited by smitp11; Sep 5th 2005 at 3:24 pm. Reason: Spelling..!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thx
IF you are issued a visa, it will be only valid for 1 year after after the medical or the expiry of the passport. You are going to need a new passport next year anyhow, so why not do it now, and fax copies of the bio data pages to CHC?

PMM
Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Thx
HI Bart2804

I have the passprt request paperwork in front of me and it states:

"ENSURE YOUR PASSPORTS ARE ALL VALID FOR AT LEAST 12 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR IMMIGRATION MEDICAL. If your passports are due to expire, it is in your interest to send us NEW OR UPDATED PASSPORTS to ensure that your visas can be issued with maximum validity."

Hope this answers your question!

TrishB
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

bart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

IF you are issued a visa, it will be only valid for 1 year after after the medical or the expiry of the passport. You are going to need a new passport next year anyhow, so why not do it now, and fax copies of the bio data pages to CHC?

PMM
Thanks for this.

My only concern would be that this might delay things even more

Assuming everything goes OK I think I'll land before expiration of my current passport, then come back more or less straightaway to the UK which is my original plan and get a new passport when I return. I'll then go over to Canada permanently on my new one.

Hopefully this would be OK, unless there are some hidden problems I have not thought of?
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TrishB
HI Bart2804

I have the passprt request paperwork in front of me and it states:

"ENSURE YOUR PASSPORTS ARE ALL VALID FOR AT LEAST 12 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR IMMIGRATION MEDICAL. If your passports are due to expire, it is in your interest to send us NEW OR UPDATED PASSPORTS to ensure that your visas can be issued with maximum validity."

Hope this answers your question!

TrishB
TrishB

Thanks very much for your note...looks like I'll net to get a new passport sharpish then and post this off if I get to PPR stage.

Is nothing straightforward! :scared:
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

PMM

If I get a brand new passport and post this off at PPR stage would I still need to fax the biometric data to them beforehand?

I'm a bit confused..........