UK- OCR cerificates to ECR Canada

Old Mar 26th 2020, 10:12 am
Soo
Just Joined

Soo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK- OCR cerificates to ECR Canada

I have an OCR apprenticeship in media completed overd 1 year . I have been living anf working in Canada for 2 years. My IEC visa is nearly up. I am applying for PR and have reached just over 400 points. I submitted my OCR to WES and they would not assess it. I do not know where to turn as apparently no agency assesses OCR apprenticeshipnin Canada even though itis post secondary education. I wil now have to give up my permenant full time job to leave Canada. I have no close family, marriage options, extention of IEC etc to stay. Any advice
Old Mar 26th 2020, 10:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK- OCR cerificates to ECR Canada

Originally Posted by Soo
I have an OCR apprenticeship in media completed overd 1 year . I have been living anf working in Canada for 2 years. My IEC visa is nearly up. I am applying for PR and have reached just over 400 points. I submitted my OCR to WES and they would not assess it. I do not know where to turn as apparently no agency assesses OCR apprenticeshipnin Canada even though itis post secondary education. I wil now have to give up my permenant full time job to leave Canada. I have no close family, marriage options, extention of IEC etc to stay. Any advice
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Really sorry, but you can't get an ECA for anything other than academic qualifications, vocational don't count hence why WES won't assess them.

At 400 points, you're not scoring enough to get PR via EE anyway, how were you planning on applying for PR? An ECA isn't required for all visa routes so you may not need one anyway.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 10:43 am
Soo
Just Joined

He was planning to go express entry route as he is already there. He has well over 400 points( not exactly sure of the actual number) and he just needed the post 16 education certificate to qualify for pr. As I said earlier he has a good permanent job over there which he will now have to give up.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 10:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soo
He was planning to go express entry route as he is already there. He has well over 400 points( not exactly sure of the actual number) and he just needed the post 16 education certificate to qualify for pr. As I said earlier he has a good permanent job over there which he will now have to give up.
Who is 'he'? I thought you were asking about your own case?

'Well over 400 points' isn't very helpful tbh, what is the exact number? Your first post said 'just over 400', now you say 'well over', which is it? He'll need above approx 460 to be in with a chance of PR via FSW/CEC. And is his current score without the apprenticeship, or is he counting that in the points?

When does his/your IEC expire and which province is he/are you in?
Old Mar 26th 2020, 10:57 am
Soo
Just Joined

I am talking about my son. I put (I) in the first query as I had copied and pasted some of a query he had written . I know he has well over 400 not including his apprenticeship. I believe he is only short by the post secondary education certificate which would have taken him up to 519 points. He is in Ontario. His IEC expires in June
Old Mar 26th 2020, 11:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Soo
I am talking about my son. I put (I) in the first query as I had copied and pasted some of a query he had written . I know he has well over 400 not including his apprenticeship. I believe he is only short by the post secondary education certificate which would have taken him up to 519 points.
Ah, ok. If he'd be scoring 519, then he may be scoring enough anyway without the apprenticeship, as that should only be a difference of 56 points, meaning he'd still have 463 points now, very close to the cut off.

If he wants help in trying to stay, we need to know more info, so it would make a lot more sense for him to join BE himself tbh, so that we can ask him questions directly. A breakdown of his points would be very helpful too, as well as the other info I asked about i.e. his IEC expiry date and where in Canada he is. Edit: just seen your edit, so ignore the bit about the IEC expiry and province!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 26th 2020 at 11:10 am.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 11:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Right, now I know he's in Ontario he has a chance of applying under their PNP. Does he have an ECA just for his secondary education, or does he not have one at all yet? Would his employer be prepared to support a PR application for him? And what's his NOC code?

Realistically, he's not going to be able to keep working past June, so do prepare him for that, he's just left it too late unfortunately. But if he hurries up and sorts this, he may only have to have a month or two without being able to work.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 11:24 am
Soo
Just Joined

His NOC code is B. His points include his secondary education. He has drouble checked all his points. I think the employer route might be his only option. I'll recommend he registers BP website.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Soo
His NOC code is B. His points include his secondary education. He has drouble checked all his points. I think the employer route might be his only option. I'll recommend he registers BP website.
B isn't a NOC code, it's his Skill Level. Definitely ask him to sign up himself so that we can ask him these questions and try and help him directly.

Thx.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 11:54 am
Soo
Just Joined

His code is 5226. I will ask him to sign up. Or sign in under me and he canbupdste with more information.