UK Medical Question

Old Dec 8th 2004, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Squizzer will become famous soon enough
Default UK Medical Question

HI All,

My wife is going to be sponsoring me from outside Canada through London UK.

I suffer from the codition Ulcerative Colitis (a digestive illness similar to IBS).
This condition can have periods of remission that last years in between flare ups, so equally can have years with no need to see a DR or medication. However, the condition does stay with you through life.

Does anyone know if this particular illness has any negative effect on applications?

Thanks for your help.

Squizzer
Old Dec 8th 2004, 5:40 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Medical Question

Hi Squizzer

Originally Posted by Squizzer
HI All,

My wife is going to be sponsoring me from outside Canada through London UK.

I suffer from the codition Ulcerative Colitis (a digestive illness similar to IBS).
This condition can have periods of remission that last years in between flare ups, so equally can have years with no need to see a DR or medication. However, the condition does stay with you through life.

Does anyone know if this particular illness has any negative effect on applications?

Thanks for your help.

Spousal applications are not effected by excessive demands, so you should not have a problem.

PMM

Squizzer
Old Dec 8th 2004, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Hi PMM,

You've been a big help in the past, any ideas about this one?

I took your previous advice and did a search before posting, but only came up with people on the AUS/NZ immigration.

Good to speak with you again.

Squizzer
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:39 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I don't know if this will help but it might provide others with some info in order to be able to give you an definitive answer.

Medical requirements

You and your family members, whether accompanying you or not, must undergo and pass a medical

examination in order to come to Canada. To pass the medical examination you or your family members must

not have a condition that:

• is a danger to public health or safety

• would cause excessive demand on health or social services in Canada. Examples of

“excessive demand� include ongoing hospitalization or institutional care for a physical or

mental illness.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pub/dmp-handbook/section-6.html

http://www.medicinenet.com/ulcerative_colitis/article.htm
Old Dec 8th 2004, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

The "excessive demand" criterion is not used for spousal applicaitons. Check PMMs response carefully. He answered your question. Don't worry.

Originally Posted by Covenant
Hi,

I don't know if this will help but it might provide others with some info in order to be able to give you an definitive answer.

Medical requirements

You and your family members, whether accompanying you or not, must undergo and pass a medical

examination in order to come to Canada. To pass the medical examination you or your family members must

not have a condition that:

• is a danger to public health or safety

• would cause excessive demand on health or social services in Canada. Examples of

“excessive demand� include ongoing hospitalization or institutional care for a physical or

mental illness.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pub/dmp-handbook/section-6.html

http://www.medicinenet.com/ulcerative_colitis/article.htm
Old Dec 8th 2004, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Whoops sorry for the confusion PMM. I didn't see your reply tucked away in there. Thanks Mr Bosco for pointing that out.

Thanks also to covenant for the links.

I appreciate the replies.

Squizzer