UK interview times

Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:08 am
j28
Just Joined

j28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK interview times

Hi,
Hopefully someone can answer our question. I have been accepted as a sponsor for my husband. We are currently living in the UK applying from here.
He received a notification mid-July that he will need an interview and will need to bring missing documents but they have not given any times.
Has anyone been asked for an interview in the UK? If so, how long until they gave you a date and time? and How much notice did they give for the interview?
Also, after the interview, how long did it take for them to approve the application and have your passport stamped?
Thank you in advance for all your assistance.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 4:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK interview times

Originally Posted by j28
Hi,
Hopefully someone can answer our question. I have been accepted as a sponsor for my husband. We are currently living in the UK applying from here.
He received a notification mid-July that he will need an interview and will need to bring missing documents but they have not given any times.
Has anyone been asked for an interview in the UK? If so, how long until they gave you a date and time? and How much notice did they give for the interview?
Also, after the interview, how long did it take for them to approve the application and have your passport stamped?
Thank you in advance for all your assistance.
I've no idea I'm afraid as I've never heard of anybody having to go for an interview before, but just wanted to say welcome to the forum.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 4:34 am
j28
Just Joined

j28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great forum and thanks for the reply - although having you say no one you know has had an interview in the UK does make me a bit nervous. We had accidentally missed a couple of documents (our oversight) so I think that is the reason. Hopefully it won't be too long as it would be great to be in Canada for the holidays.
Cheers,
J
Old Sep 9th 2009, 4:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j28
Great forum and thanks for the reply - although having you say no one you know has had an interview in the UK does make me a bit nervous. We had accidentally missed a couple of documents (our oversight) so I think that is the reason. Hopefully it won't be too long as it would be great to be in Canada for the holidays.
Cheers,
J
Sorry, I should have been clearer - I know that interviews can and do happen, just don't recall anybody on this forum being asked to go to one. Didn't mean to panic you! I'm sure they just have something to check out, but it'll be fine.

Best of luck - if you could post your experience of the interview it would be really helpful for anybody with a similar query in the future.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:25 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry, I should have been clearer - I know that interviews can and do happen, just don't recall anybody on this forum being asked to go to one. Didn't mean to panic you! I'm sure they just have something to check out, but it'll be fine.

Best of luck - if you could post your experience of the interview it would be really helpful for anybody with a similar query in the future.
We had one for my sponsorship and my OH application. Cannot have been a big deal as we're here and have been for over 15 years. A lot may have changed in this time, but ours was quick and painless. The officer could not have been more helpful. That was in the days when you could phone and speak to someone right away!