Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

UK Hubby and stepsons due to arrive Jan 22/11! What will they be asked at the airport

Wikiposts

UK Hubby and stepsons due to arrive Jan 22/11! What will they be asked at the airport

Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:15 am
Nicole

lightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nice
Default UK Hubby and stepsons due to arrive Jan 22/11! What will they be asked at the airport

Hi everyone! Great news! My husband and stepsons got their passports back today with their Canadian Permanent Residence Visa inside They have booked their flight and will be in Calgary to move to Edmonton on January 22, 2011!!

He is a bit concerned as he is not sure what kind of questions Immigration is going to ask him and we are wondering if it is just the basics, where he will be living, how long we have known each other, etc. and how long does Immigation normally take to do this?

If anyone can give us a heads-up on what to expect, that would be great! By the way - I plan to fly there ahead of time and fly back with them as I am super excited to finally have my husband and boys with me and we will be having a going away party in England for them before they leave
Old Nov 20th 2010, 10:15 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Hubby and stepsons due to arrive Jan 22/11! What will they be asked at the air

Hi

Originally Posted by lightnfoot
Hi everyone! Great news! My husband and stepsons got their passports back today with their Canadian Permanent Residence Visa inside They have booked their flight and will be in Calgary to move to Edmonton on January 22, 2011!!

He is a bit concerned as he is not sure what kind of questions Immigration is going to ask him and we are wondering if it is just the basics, where he will be living, how long we have known each other, etc. and how long does Immigation normally take to do this?

If anyone can give us a heads-up on what to expect, that would be great! By the way - I plan to fly there ahead of time and fly back with them as I am super excited to finally have my husband and boys with me and we will be having a going away party in England for them before they leave
1. He will be asked if he has any criminal convictions, any other dependents other than those listed, an address in Canada, Goods to follow (customs)
Old Nov 20th 2010, 10:42 am
Nicole

lightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nicelightnfoot is just really nice
Default Re: UK Hubby and stepsons due to arrive Jan 22/11! What will they be asked at the air

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. He will be asked if he has any criminal convictions, any other dependents other than those listed, an address in Canada, Goods to follow (customs)
Hi there! Thanks so much. I figured as much - as did he. He is a bit thrown off on the listing everything he is bringing. LOL Poor man. Does he list EVERY LITTLE ITEM (including - toothbrush, deodorant, number of socks...lmao).

We are both so very excited. We submitted the application August 12, I was approved Sept 10, the UK started looking over his part Sept 30, Oct. 27 they requested the Permanent Residence Fee, November 8 they requested he send in their passports for the Visas to be put in, November 13 he sent them in (needed more immigration pictures), London received them on the 15th and today - only ONE week after he mailed the passports in - he got them back already with their visas!! It is so exciting. We can believe the process only took us just over three months!! (Bare in mind we have been together nearly three years but really wanted to get to know each other and our families before we got married and I took on sponsorship.)

So now he will be here on January 22 - with me - and I will NOT let him leave the country ever again without me LOL
Old Nov 20th 2010, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Hi there! Thanks so much. I figured as much - as did he. He is a bit thrown off on the listing everything he is bringing. LOL Poor man. Does he list EVERY LITTLE ITEM (including - toothbrush, deodorant, number of socks...lmao).

We are both so very excited. We submitted the application August 12, I was approved Sept 10, the UK started looking over his part Sept 30, Oct. 27 they requested the Permanent Residence Fee, November 8 they requested he send in their passports for the Visas to be put in, November 13 he sent them in (needed more immigration pictures), London received them on the 15th and today - only ONE week after he mailed the passports in - he got them back already with their visas!! It is so exciting. We can believe the process only took us just over three months!! (Bare in mind we have been together nearly three years but really wanted to get to know each other and our families before we got married and I took on sponsorship.)

So now he will be here on January 22 - with me - and I will NOT let him leave the country ever again without me LOL
You can group together stuff on the lists of goods to follow. Interestingly the customs guy was not interested at all in our goods accompanying list and said he didn't need it.

I listed out what was to follow in groups. I listed clothing as one item and roughly estimated the value of all of the clothing in total. Don't over complicate matters.

Tim
Old Nov 20th 2010, 11:56 am
Nicole

Originally Posted by tim010
You can group together stuff on the lists of goods to follow. Interestingly the customs guy was not interested at all in our goods accompanying list and said he didn't need it.

I listed out what was to follow in groups. I listed clothing as one item and roughly estimated the value of all of the clothing in total. Don't over complicate matters.

Tim
Thanks Tim I will be there to help him and pack and will make sure he knows.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow
Old Nov 21st 2010, 3:49 am
Nicole

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Thank you!! Very helpful