Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

UK Embassy Letter lost in the post..big trouble..what to do??

UK Embassy Letter lost in the post..big trouble..what to do??

Old Mar 16th 2013, 5:56 am
Long wait

blinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Embassy Letter lost in the post..big trouble..what to do??

Hello everybody,

I have applied for MPNP program in Dec, 2011 and CIC received my complete application in August, 2012. On 10th Dec, 2012 the e-cas status was changed to 'In process'. Since then, I was waiting for Medical request. I had send a letter to London Embassy on 7th Feb, 2013 stating some changes in my personal life. on 15th Mar, 2013, I have received an e-mail from them saying that they had send Medical request and other information letter on 13th Dec, 2012. I couldn't believe it. I mean I have been waiting n waiting and I didn't knew that they had sent a letter 3 months back.

Immediately, I had replied to their e-mail that I didn't get any letter and requested to send again.

Can anyone please tell me that how much time they give to complete Medical tests?? And how long does it take for Passport request after that??

Please help me out. Should I take any further step or just wait for their reply.

Thanks
Old Mar 16th 2013, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Embassy Letter lost in the post..big trouble..what to do??

When we did our meds back in 2011 we had 60 days to complete them and then it took almost a year to get PPR but ours was delayed due to Buffalo closing. I guess usually it's about 6 months after meds for PNP applicants to receive PPR.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 6:32 am
Long wait

Thanks for your reply Nina. I just hope that this 60 days rule doesn't apply to the letter which was lost. What do you think?
Old Mar 16th 2013, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

I would send CIC an email/letter explaining the whole situation incl. details when you contacted them etc. telling them you'd done meds straight away if you had gotten that letter and ask them to resend the meds request.

I'd say the 60 days rule would apply for you but as you didn't get the actual medical request you had no chance to stay within that time limit.

Good luck!
Old Mar 17th 2013, 11:39 pm
Long wait

Thanks Nina. I had immediately sent an email to them on 15th..now fingers crossed. .waiting for their reply.