From UK to Canada - best way?

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:37 am
Just Joined

OMski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From UK to Canada - best way?

Hi,

Hope you can help me guys and gals

I'm 29, born and bread in the UK, and looking to move to Canada. I have relatives in Canada who I've visited to check out the place, work and life (agreed that it is not the same as living there, but I've got a general idea of what I'm getting myself into )

What I'm trying to work out is the best method to use. As I am under 30, could I try to get a work VISA for 12 months (if so, how long will it take to process? - I'll probably get a better idea of the life there over the 12 months too, and then decide yes or no to move) - or should I look at other methods (which I believe will take longer)

Thanks again

OMski
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:07 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From UK to Canada - best way?

Hi

Originally Posted by OMski
Hi,

Hope you can help me guys and gals

I'm 29, born and bread in the UK, and looking to move to Canada. I have relatives in Canada who I've visited to check out the place, work and life (agreed that it is not the same as living there, but I've got a general idea of what I'm getting myself into )

What I'm trying to work out is the best method to use. As I am under 30, could I try to get a work VISA for 12 months (if so, how long will it take to process? - I'll probably get a better idea of the life there over the 12 months too, and then decide yes or no to move) - or should I look at other methods (which I believe will take longer)

Thanks again

OMski
1. You can apply for a BUNAC work visa as you are under 30, gives you 1 year of working in Canada. All this years visa are gone, for 2009 you would have to apply in December.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks PMM, I do appreciate the help.

I'll be 30 in Feb, will applying in December be too late?

What site/organistion do I need to check to find out when VISAs for 2009 are available?

Thanks again,

OMski
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about

www.bunac.org/uk/workcanada/
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Thanks all, will read up from the link