Wikiposts

From UK or Canada

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

keithhorkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile From UK or Canada

I am uk citizen and my wife is canadian citizen we where married in orillia in ontario canada on 9/11/04 at the moment we are living in uk. We intend to move to canada as soon as my house is sold, what i would like to know is it better that we apply for my pr from within canada, we where going to apply from uk originally but my wifes elderly mother is ill and we want to go over as soon as possible and care for her as my wife is her only surviving relative we will be living with her so will have a canadian address. I know i can stay in canada for 6 months then would need to apply for extention can i ask for extention at poe when we first go over which will be in january and if so am i likely to get it.
any info would be great thanks
Old Dec 24th 2004, 4:16 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From UK or Canada

Hi KH

Originally Posted by keithhorkins
I am uk citizen and my wife is canadian citizen we where married in orillia in ontario canada on 9/11/04 at the moment we are living in uk. We intend to move to canada as soon as my house is sold, what i would like to know is it better that we apply for my pr from within canada, we where going to apply from uk originally but my wifes elderly mother is ill and we want to go over as soon as possible and care for her as my wife is her only surviving relative we will be living with her so will have a canadian address. I know i can stay in canada for 6 months then would need to apply for extention can i ask for extention at poe when we first go over which will be in january and if so am i likely to get it.
any info would be great thanks
Request a year at the POE when you enter, they may not give it, but if you are only given 6 months, then you apply to Vegreville for an extension.

PMM