UK To Calgary

Old Aug 8th 2022, 9:29 am
Just Joined

kwright32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK To Calgary

Hi all,

Firstly, just wanted to say how helpful this forum has been for me and my partner! We originally looked into kick-starting the immigration process in 2019.. fast forward a few years (and a global pandemic later), we are just about to enter into the EE pool and wanted to see if there was anything else we could do to better our chances. Our preference is to move to Calgary (or potentially outside of Vancouver). A bit of background:

- I'm 30 (soon to be 31) and a senior HR professional (Head of HR) NOC code either 00121 or 0112
- My partner is 39 and a senior sales professional in the tech/communications industry (Sales Director) NOC code either 0013 or 0601

IELTS completed (just awaiting partners results!) I achieved almost full marks - WES ECA has some back and not recognised my Graduate Cert (annoying!) and so my ECA has only recognised my Degree. Overall CRS points coming out at 436.

Disappointed by WES' decision not to recognise my Graduate Certificate, but I am trying to not be too disheartened. I have the option to study for a masters but that will take two years alongside work and ideally, we want to be relocating in the next 12-18 months.

I have come across the Alberta Accelerated Tech stream - and noticed that both of our occupations are on the list as eligible within the Province. I wonder if anyone has any experience with this, and what the likelihood of us being offered a PNP as part of the scheme. https://www.alberta.ca/assets/docume...codes-list.pdf

Do we have to be in receipt of job offers to receive a PNP?
Once we enter into the EE pool - can I upload both mine and my partners NOC code's and CV's in order for these to be viewable by Provinces and Employers?
Also, does anyone have any recommendations in terms of avenues we haven't explore or considered yet?

Thanks so much in advance!
Old Aug 11th 2022, 4:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK To Calgary

Hi, welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by kwright32
- I'm 30 (soon to be 31) and a senior HR professional (Head of HR) NOC code either 00121 or 0112
- My partner is 39 and a senior sales professional in the tech/communications industry (Sales Director) NOC code either 0013 or 0601

IELTS completed (just awaiting partners results!) I achieved almost full marks - WES ECA has some back and not recognised my Graduate Cert (annoying!) and so my ECA has only recognised my Degree. Overall CRS points coming out at 436.

Disappointed by WES' decision not to recognise my Graduate Certificate, but I am trying to not be too disheartened. I have the option to study for a masters but that will take two years alongside work and ideally, we want to be relocating in the next 12-18 months.

I have come across the Alberta Accelerated Tech stream - and noticed that both of our occupations are on the list as eligible within the Province. I wonder if anyone has any experience with this, and what the likelihood of us being offered a PNP as part of the scheme. https://www.alberta.ca/assets/docume...codes-list.pdf

Do we have to be in receipt of job offers to receive a PNP?
Once we enter into the EE pool - can I upload both mine and my partners NOC code's and CV's in order for these to be viewable by Provinces and Employers?
Also, does anyone have any recommendations in terms of avenues we haven't explore or considered yet?

Thanks so much in advance!
436 isn't going to be enough unfortunately and sounds like you're about to start losing points due to age as well. What exactly is your graduate certificate in? It may be worth trying another ECA provider to get you more points.

The AINP Tech Stream will need a job offer. if you enter the EE pool then you don't include your CV but you will have to put your NOC codes. Make sure they are the best NOC's for your jobs, you mention a choice of two for each of your roles, but you can't choose the one that works best for you, as if there is one that is a better fit your application will be rejected. So pick the one that you definitely do more of the 'main duties' of, and can easily evidence too.

Another option from what you've said is for you to do your masters in Canada? You could then work part-time and your OH would get a work permit for the same duration, meaning he could bump his points up with Canadian work experience and qualify for the CEC as well, or PNP if he has a job offer from a sponsoring employer.

HTH, good luck.

Old Aug 14th 2022, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Given you are 30 (not sure when you turn 31) could you not apply for the IEC working holiday visa? if you get picked you'll get a 2 year work permit, your partner can accompany you and get an open work permit once you're in a skilled job.

Gives you 2 years to build Canadian work experience (for extra CRS points) and hopefully find an employer willing to give you a job offer etc. Gets you in the country in your timelines.

Old Aug 14th 2022, 4:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
Given you are 30 (not sure when you turn 31) could you not apply for the IEC working holiday visa? if you get picked you'll get a 2 year work permit, your partner can accompany you and get an open work permit once you're in a skilled job.

Gives you 2 years to build Canadian work experience (for extra CRS points) and hopefully find an employer willing to give you a job offer etc. Gets you in the country in your timelines.
I’ve suggested that to the OP previously, assume it doesn’t work for them for some reason. Which is a shame as I agree, it does seem to tick most boxes.