UK based immigration consultants

Old May 2nd 2011, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default UK based immigration consultants

Hi there,

Can anyone provide me with the name of an Immigration consultamt,

(preferably in the UK as I would like to phone for some advice and would like to keep the phonebill down! )

Thanks
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:46 am
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK based immigration consultants

Why do you need to speak to an immgration consultant? Its not your phone bill you need to worry about, its all the thousands they charge you for doing what you can do yourself.
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

https://www.csic-scci.ca/
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Go to top of the page of that website, click on "Find consultant", then scroll down to "Browse outside of Canada", click on UK. Coms up with three names. We´re with Samantha Skerrett in Mitcham and she´s fantastic!!! She also charges only a fraction of what we were quoted by other consultants, so good luck and feel free to message me if you want more info.
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Hey thnks for that,

Iv actually contacted/ emailed about 12 consultants from that website,
(all based in canada) weeks and weeks ago... but only 1 has replied..

Hoping ill get a response from any of the UK based ones

Just needing a bit of advice about our Fed skilled worker visa app...
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:28 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Hey thnks for that,

Iv actually contacted/ emailed about 12 consultants from that website,
(all based in canada) weeks and weeks ago... but only 1 has replied..

Hoping ill get a response from any of the UK based ones

Just needing a bit of advice about our Fed skilled worker visa app...
Why not give the "staff" on here a whirl with it first? I bet there isn't anything they haven't seen or done or otherwise explored on this forum in the past and the search function is a bit hopeless, I know.
They are free and friendly (well, most of them.....)
Maybe you won't need a consultant even for advice after all.
Old May 3rd 2011, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helcat12
Why not give the "staff" on here a whirl with it first? I bet there isn't anything they haven't seen or done or otherwise explored on this forum in the past and the search function is a bit hopeless, I know.
They are free and friendly (well, most of them.....)
Maybe you won't need a consultant even for advice after all.
Hi there,
thanks for your reply, who are the 'staff' ?? How do I go about asking them?

Thanks
Old May 3rd 2011, 5:26 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Hi there,
thanks for your reply, who are the 'staff' ?? How do I go about asking them?

Thanks
Sorry, I was just trying to be funny - I meant any of the regulars and senior members on this forum - someone will be probably be able to offer you good advice whatever your query, or someone might have already been through your situation and found the answers.
If you post your question as the heading to a new thread you will find out whether anyone can answer with the information you require.
The chances are very good that they will.
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

wilderness pete is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to screw up your application so that it will take years longer, cost an arm and a leg, and still probably not ending up here, by all means get a UK based consultant.

Sorry but I have heard all the horror stories and seen for myself how bad they are.

Nova Scotia is really desperate for people and just really bumped up the number they want to take in urgently.
Thing is you dont have to stay here once you get in, though it is not a bad place to be.

If you really want in, jump on a plane, do a bit of work before hand, and if you havent got a job offer by the time you go back, there is something wrong.

I arrived on Saturday with interview set up for the Monday, and cutting long story short got job offer, LMO and permit one month later, despite being over 55.

Totally recommend the Spindlow's at relocation nova scotia, and Pratima Devachand as the immigration lawyer here locally.

You have nothing to lose, at least you get a holiday and get to see for your self a bit of what it is like here.

Remember, job 1st, house second and you wont go too far wrong.
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilderness pete
If you want to screw up your application so that it will take years longer, cost an arm and a leg, and still probably not ending up here, by all means get a UK based consultant.
Yes, there are some bad immigration consultants out there (usually the unlicensed ones), but how can you tar them all with the same brush?!? One of the most regularly recommended immigration consultants on this forum has an office in the UK, and nobody has ever had a problem with him to my knowledge.

Originally Posted by wilderness pete
If you really want in, jump on a plane, do a bit of work before hand, and if you havent got a job offer by the time you go back, there is something wrong.
Things may have changed a bit since you did this - many people come back without job offers these days with the current economic climate the way it is, and many more LMO's are being refused because of this also. We have forum members who have been searching for a year or two without success.

In any case, I believe the OP has already applied for PR as FSW, so may not need a job offer.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 3rd 2011 at 9:58 pm.
Old May 4th 2011, 3:13 am
Just Joined

wilderness pete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, there are some bad immigration consultants out there (usually the unlicensed ones), but how can you tar them all with the same brush?!? One of the most regularly recommended immigration consultants on this forum has an office in the UK, and nobody has ever had a problem with him to my knowledge.

Things may have changed a bit since you did this - many people come back without job offers these days with the current economic climate the way it is, and many more LMO's are being refused because of this also. We have forum members who have been searching for a year or two without success.

In any case, I believe the OP has already applied for PR as FSW, so may not need a job offer.
It is important to do your preparation before you come out, Linkedin, which is a professional version of facebook is exceptionally good for making contacts, and as we know, Canada is about contacts and networking.

There may be one or even two good immigration companies, I dont know them all, but I look at it like this. If your looking/applying for a job in Canada from the UK, why would they even look at you unless you physically go out there to follow it up.
Canadian companies want vacancies filled now, not possibly, maybe some time in the future, by some one who may or may not come out, and who may or may not stay. I certainly wouldnt hire anyone under those circumstances.

And dont expect the perfect job 1st time around, take anything you can.
It gets you in, experience, hours earned towards your social security/employment insurance, an income, settled, and in a position to network.

If your serious to get here you will do what ever it takes, though I have seen brits here who still dont get it and compalin they are skint and out of work and yet when you line them up with something, they wont take it, even for cash in hand jobs. Sad