UK background check

Old Dec 14th 2004, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK background check

Help! I'm guessing this actually being a British expat page someone should be able to help me......
I lived in the UK for two years and need to apply for my Prosecution/Conviction History under Section 21 of the Data Protection Act, 1984.
I've managed to download forms: 3019A, Metropolitan Police systems form, which is what I guess I need as I resided in London...
but what about fingerprints etc??
Is this the right form to be using?
These background checks are confusing, I'm begining to wish I had never left Australia (only joking, then I would never have met mr. blairwitch!)
Old Dec 14th 2004, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

netranasik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK background check

Hi

I lived in UK for a year. This is the procedure I used to obtain the PCC.

1. Wrote a letter of request to

National Identification Service
Subject Access Office, Room 331
New Scotland Yard
Broadway, London SW1H OBG

2. They sent me a form. Completed the form, with copies of passport etc. and sent the fees. (No fingerprints required)

3. Within a month I got my PCC. (The max is 40 days.)

Hope this helps

Best regards
Netra

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Help! I'm guessing this actually being a British expat page someone should be able to help me......
I lived in the UK for two years and need to apply for my Prosecution/Conviction History under Section 21 of the Data Protection Act, 1984.
I've managed to download forms: 3019A, Metropolitan Police systems form, which is what I guess I need as I resided in London...
but what about fingerprints etc??
Is this the right form to be using?
These background checks are confusing, I'm begining to wish I had never left Australia (only joking, then I would never have met mr. blairwitch!)
Old Dec 14th 2004, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Netra

Could you possibly tell me whether this was the form that you filled out:

http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

Its the Metropolitan Police Systems Form 3019A.....

Thanks!!!!
Old Dec 15th 2004, 9:38 am
Go placidly.....

Troublesome is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Netra

Could you possibly tell me whether this was the form that you filled out:

http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

Its the Metropolitan Police Systems Form 3019A.....

Thanks!!!!
Hi, Have just done this, get the form go to local plod station with £10 wait three weeks and hey presto, police criminal record check will be returned to you. Don't bother about fingerprints, plods in UK don't provide this service.

Regards
Ells
Old Dec 15th 2004, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Troublesome, the only problem is, I'm in Australia, so I have to find the correct form before I can send it off!
Do you know if that link is the right one to the correct form??????
Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

johners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nice
Question Re: UK background check

I think that you have to get the from from you local police office when you were last resident in the UK. (ie: if you lived in the Thames valley, then you need a Thames valley Police application form)

Cos you live in Australia, you will also need an Australian background check will you not?

Thanks Troublesome, the only problem is, I'm in Australia, so I have to find the correct form before I can send it off!
Do you know if that link is the right one to the correct form??????
Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

johners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nice

I can confirm that as you lived in London, you will need the Met Police form.

Looking at the link you provided - the correct form to use is the 'Subject Access Form' - you will also need to pay a tenner.

You only need fill out the Police National Computer form, unless you had any dealings with the Police whilst you were in London.

Originally Posted by johners
I think that you have to get the from from you local police office when you were last resident in the UK. (ie: if you lived in the Thames valley, then you need a Thames valley Police application form)

Cos you live in Australia, you will also need an Australian background check will you not?

Last edited by johners; Dec 16th 2004 at 8:17 am.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, you have definitely put my mind at ease, as that was exactly what I did yesterday!
Yes, I also need an Australian background check, which should hopefully be whizzing its way back to me in the post just after the new year.

-blairwitch