Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

UCI number on IMM1295 form (IEC app)

UCI number on IMM1295 form (IEC app)

Old Feb 16th 2013, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all
Default UCI number on IMM1295 form (IEC app)

Hi all,

I am applying for an IEC visa to hopefully sit out the wait until our PR comes through (fingers crossed it will!). I see on the IMM1295 form that they require your UCI number (if you've made any previous applications that is). From reading the CIC site and various threads, it looks like I should write my UCI number from the PR application on my IEC application, is that right?

Should my husband also use the same UCI number or will this only apply to my application given I am the principal applicant?

Sorry if this is a really obvious question, but as everyone knows, it pays to double check in this game!

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!!
Old Feb 16th 2013, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

ziggy1642 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UCI number on IMM1295 form (IEC app)

Originally Posted by Kitslane
From reading the CIC site and various threads, it looks like I should write my UCI number from the PR application on my IEC application, is that right?

Should my husband also use the same UCI number or will this only apply to my application given I am the principal applicant?
UCI stands I believe for Unique Client Number, so these are individual numbers unique to each applicant. Normally if you have a work permit you would have this number on that permit. Eight digits long withe a hyphen in the middle.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

OK thanks for your help. Just to clarify then, I should use the UCI number for my application but my husband should just leave it blank?

This would make sense in some ways as all communication with the VO etc is directed to me, never my husband. I've found the number so no probs there.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

ziggy1642 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK thanks for your help. Just to clarify then, I should use the UCI number for my application but my husband should just leave it blank?

This would make sense in some ways as all communication with the VO etc is directed to me, never my husband. I've found the number so no probs there.
I was the primary on our PR application, but we both have UCI numbers from our work permits. Hopefully someone else here will be able to advice on what you should do when you don't have one. Sorry can't be more help than that.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 7:25 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ziggy1642
I was the primary on our PR application, but we both have UCI numbers from our work permits. Hopefully someone else here will be able to advice on what you should do when you don't have one. Sorry can't be more help than that.
PMM should be the best person to answer your question. My guess is that your husband if he is not yet documented in the CIC system should use your UCI number.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

OK thanks. We don't have work permits yet so we only have the one UCI number from our PR app. If my husband does put my UCI number down, is it likely that they would just give him a new number if he can't use my number? i.e. the application wont be refused based on this? He needs to state on the form that he is married to me so the link should be obvious...

I will try and work out how to message PMM, thanks Jim.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 10:56 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

OK thanks. We don't have work permits yet so we only have the one UCI number from our PR app. If my husband does put my UCI number down, is it likely that they would just give him a new number if he can't use my number? i.e. the application wont be refused based on this? He needs to state on the form that he is married to me so the link should be obvious...

I will try and work out how to message PMM, thanks Jim.
1. Nope, there is one UCI per customer. If your spouse doesn't have one, then leave it blank. I assume that he has never been issued a document by CIC.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 11:13 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

There - my guessing does not count.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Fab thanks both for your help, it was starting to stress me out a little!