Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

type of police certificate (UK) please help

type of police certificate (UK) please help

Old Aug 11th 2005, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

timetomove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default type of police certificate (UK) please help

can anyone tell me if their UK Police Certificate was the same as the one I just received?? (it says it does not constitute a certificate of good behaviour)??

-Its from the 'National Identification Service, Subject Access Office
-its printed on blue and greyish certificate type paper
-it gives information about me held on the Metropolitan Police computer know as a PERSON RECORD

Would be really grateful to know if anyone else used the same document.

Tim
Old Aug 11th 2005, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: type of police certificate (UK) please help

Sounds like it. The UK police don't issue a "certificate" to say that you are a good, law abiding person who is kind to children and small animals, they just issue a "records check" to say they have found nothing on you. I think it says all that in the country-specific information for the UK?

Hth

Biiiiink
Old Aug 11th 2005, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by timetomove
can anyone tell me if their UK Police Certificate was the same as the one I just received?? (it says it does not constitute a certificate of good behaviour)??

-it gives information about me held on the Metropolitan Police computer know as a PERSON RECORD

Tim
Hi Tim

Yep... it's the same as ours!! They were accepted.... no probs!!
I had exactly the same panic when we received ours, but it sounds identical!!
You can breathe a sigh of releief now!!!

Michelle
Old Aug 11th 2005, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Amerigo is on a distinguished road
Question Re: type of police certificate (UK) please help

Tim

How long did the processing take, need to apply for one too ? 1 week , 2 or months ? thanks
Old Aug 11th 2005, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

mine took 3 weeks, but I think they are committed to issue it within 40 days

Originally Posted by Amerigo
How long did the processing take, need to apply for one too ? 1 week , 2 or months ? thanks
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

timetomove is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: type of police certificate (UK) please help

Ladies, Gentlemen: Thank you
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:28 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Tim
ITS THE RIGHT ONE MATE!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:52 pm
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

YES IT'S THE RIGHT ONE!!! wE GOT THE SAME ONES AS WELL. OURS CAME WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF APPLYING!

Tim