Wikiposts

Type or hand written

Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

canada_hope will become famous soon enoughcanada_hope will become famous soon enough
Default Type or hand written

I am in the process of filling out my application forms. I was wondering if I need to type my answers or can be hand written when filling out the forms (the ones that are not PDF fillable).

Thanks
Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:17 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Type or hand written

I don't know the answer to your question but if you have Adobe Acrobat Professional you can fill the none PDF fillable ones too. I did this with my US forms, a few were not PDF fillable. Its great should you make a mistake or wish to keep an electronic copy.

Originally Posted by canada_hope
I am in the process of filling out my application forms. I was wondering if I need to type my answers or can be hand written when filling out the forms (the ones that are not PDF fillable).

Thanks
Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

canada_hope will become famous soon enoughcanada_hope will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
I don't know the answer to your question but if you have Adobe Acrobat Professional you can fill the none PDF fillable ones too. I did this with my US forms, a few were not PDF fillable. Its great should you make a mistake or wish to keep an electronic copy.
Thanks for your reply. I do not have adobe acrobat professional. All I have is adobe reader. I downloaded the trail version a little while ago and filled out the forms, but was not able to save the information on them (as soon as I hit the save button and go back to the saved file, everything was lost). I should have printed them as soon as I finished filling them out, but did not have printer. Now my trail version is already expired.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I can't even pretend to know what we had on our computer - but I was able to fill in the forms, and then print them off straight away - and I could not save the data (so presume we only had the 'Reader' bit !). I happily admit it was a pain in the backside to do, and you have to triple check it before hitting the print button!

Personal viewpoint - but I would say a type-written application will be so much more 'presentable' to the officials - so anyway you can get round this, then go for it !

Good luck !
Old Aug 27th 2006, 10:36 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Typed I would go with too, but If you have to write it make it BLACK INK only..

Sutherlands
Old Aug 28th 2006, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

drwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nice

My recollection is that you can complete all the required documents on your PC/Mac as fillable .pdf files except for rhe Immigrant Summary form which you need to print and either hand write or complete on a typewriter if so desired.
That's what we did anyway.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drwoodsy
My recollection is that you can complete all the required documents on your PC/Mac as fillable .pdf files except for rhe Immigrant Summary form which you need to print and either hand write or complete on a typewriter if so desired.
That's what we did anyway.
I just converted all the forms that weren't fillable to fillable PDF's myself and sent them in. I got my PPR 2 weeks ago so it couldn't of been much of a problem, my hand writing is so crap they wouldn't of been able to read it

Dozzzzy

Applied Skilled Worker (London)
Application submitted - 05th July 2004
AOR Dated - 21st July 2004 (18 Months)
Delay Letter - Arrived Jan 2006 (Delayed till June 2006)
Medical Request - 26 May 2006 (NO Interview or Updated Docs Required)
Medical Taken - 28th May 2006
Medical Received - 4 July 2006
Info Request - 17 July - Update Available Funds
PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

I would like to thank you all for your valuable inputs.

I will find a way to type my application forms.

Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
I just converted all the forms that weren't fillable to fillable PDF's myself and sent them in. I got my PPR 2 weeks ago so it couldn't of been much of a problem, my hand writing is so crap they wouldn't of been able to read it

Dozzzzy

PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!
Dozzzzy,

Congratulations to you for your PPR. That's wonderful news and good luck to you rest of the way.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Dozzzzy,

Congratulations to you for your PPR. That's wonderful news and good luck to you rest of the way.
Hope, thanks. It is still making me smile, and I'm so looking forward to being in Vancouver by October.

Dozzzzy

PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

I would like to thank you all for your valuable inputs.

I will find a way to type my application forms.

Thanks
If you have a difficulty with any of the forms not being fillable, drop me a note and I'll email or put the ones I created for myself on the forum.

Dozzzzy

PPR - 14 Aug 2006 !!!!!