TWP for Wife

Old Feb 6th 2012, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

mollycoops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP for Wife

Hi, I'm being issued a TWP for Manitoba, My Wife applied for one also but has been told by the Canadian Embassy in London that Manitoba does'nt issue TWP for a spouse??? I've re-read the web pages & am confused as it seems to read that The Spouse will be granted one off the back of mine...

Please help
Old Feb 6th 2012, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP for Wife

Originally Posted by mollycoops
Hi, I'm being issued a TWP for Manitoba, My Wife applied for one also but has been told by the Canadian Embassy in London that Manitoba does'nt issue TWP for a spouse??? I've re-read the web pages & am confused as it seems to read that The Spouse will be granted one off the back of mine...

Please help
What is your occupation? Only occupations covered in 0 A & B groups of the NOC matrix allow the spouse to receive a SWOP.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...11/Matrix.aspx
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

I'm a lowly lorry driver Sir...
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

My wifes a Biopharmaceutical Chemist though...
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a lowly lorry driver Sir...
Unfortunately your job falls under NOC code 7511 which is level C so she will not qualify for a SWOP.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My wifes a Biopharmaceutical Chemist though...
Her job would probably fall under NOC 2112 which is skill level A could she not apply and then have you as the spouse then you would qualify and get a TWP? Im guessing you have been offered a job and not her there lies the problem.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

She very probably could do that, I'll see what She thinks, last time We were to go under The PNP programme they offered Her an open TWP, unfortunately it did'nt work out & We ended up staying here in the UK.

Thanks for the rapid responce...
Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:22 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Her job would probably fall under NOC 2112 which is skill level A could she not apply and then have you as the spouse then you would qualify and get a TWP? Im guessing you have been offered a job and not her there lies the problem.

Her spouse has got the LMO as a LD truck driver. She is not eligible for SOWP. If she wishes a Work Permit of her own, she would have to find an employer, get an approved LMO, before she could apply for the TWP.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Thats what CIS are telling Her PMM, not to worry I'm sure we'll get by....
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Her spouse has got the LMO as a LD truck driver. She is not eligible for SOWP. If she wishes a Work Permit of her own, she would have to find an employer, get an approved LMO, before she could apply for the TWP.
I know I thought I said that in post #5 Im getting my SOWP & SWOP mixed up today.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

KJCMedora2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

When you reach the 6 month point you may be able to apply for Employer Sponsored PNP which if succesful will automatically entitle your OH to a SOWP. This is the route we have had to go. Our application goes in at the end of the month.
Whereabouts in Manitoba are you heading?