Wikiposts

TWP - two six month jobs

Old Jan 27th 2017, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute
Default TWP - two six month jobs

Sorry , me again.

I know I read somewhere on here and I am pretty sure on the CIC website that you can get two six month jobs for a TWP but cannot find the information now.

How does this work with regards to the TWP being Employer Specific? Would both employers need to be on the TWP? Or would just one employer apply for the LMIA? But if that happened, surely you could only be granted with a six month permit.

In my husbands trade, he would greatly benefit from this as a lot of the work in kitchens is seasonal with the companies we have been looking at (golf clubs for example).

Certainly another option for us to look at but I would rather us know what we are talking about before continuing !

Thanks all as always.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 2:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP - two six month jobs

You'd need two separate LMIA's, and two TWP's, it's not possible to have two jobs on one TWP.

HTH.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh right. Now THAT makes sense !! Thanks CO !
Old Jan 27th 2017, 2:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victoria34
Ahh right. Now THAT makes sense !! Thanks CO !
No probs. Tbh, it's going to be tough to convince any employer to pay $1000 and go through a few months of waiting and hassle/paperwork just to hire somebody for 6 months, so if you still have your job offer open, that might be the way to go - then your husband would get a SOWP, so he could work both jobs with no issues.

HTH.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No probs. Tbh, it's going to be tough to convince any employer to pay $1000 and go through a few months of waiting and hassle/paperwork just to hire somebody for 6 months, so if you still have your job offer open, that might be the way to go - then your husband would get a SOWP, so he could work both jobs with no issues.

HTH.
Yes, I do agree. It was just something that I was sure that I had read so wanted to make sure that I had read it correctly. What is an SOWP !? I take it the OWP bit is Open Work Permit? And would that still enable us to eventually plan for PR?

Do you mean accept the current offer, get the TWP and then change jobs?

Sorry CO, I have only just got some of the abbreviations after four months of constant reading on here !!

Last edited by Victoria34; Jan 27th 2017 at 2:59 am. Reason: One added question !
Old Jan 27th 2017, 3:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

SOWP = Spousal Open Work Permit. Seems you've not yet discovered the Abbreviations Wiki article! Follow the link in my signature to find it and hopefully help.

I didn't mean change jobs, why would you need to? I thought you both had job offers, so I was just saying it would be easier for you to go ahead with yours and then hubby can work as many seasonal jobs as he wants.

Plus you'd need a full-time permanent job offer for PR purposes, so if you need a job offer to get PR then a 6 month seasonal thing won't work, you'd need to use your job offer instead.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 3:45 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victoria34
Yes, I do agree. It was just something that I was sure that I had read so wanted to make sure that I had read it correctly. What is an SOWP !? I take it the OWP bit is Open Work Permit? And would that still enable us to eventually plan for PR?

Do you mean accept the current offer, get the TWP and then change jobs?
That would be a SWOP according to my spell-checker.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
SOWP = Spousal Open Work Permit. Seems you've not yet discovered the Abbreviations Wiki article! Follow the link in my signature to find it and hopefully help.

I didn't mean change jobs, why would you need to? I thought you both had job offers, so I was just saying it would be easier for you to go ahead with yours and then hubby can work as many seasonal jobs as he wants.

Plus you'd need a full-time permanent job offer for PR purposes, so if you need a job offer to get PR then a 6 month seasonal thing won't work, you'd need to use your job offer instead.
Got it, thanks and I will swot up on the wiki!

We were both offered jobs but I turned mine down in the end for various business reasons.

We will just keep looking for the work. I'm sure something will come up that's suitable .
Old Jan 27th 2017, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
That would be a SWOP according to my spell-checker.
Gotta love predictive text !!!!!! Lol 😂!