Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP study permits/ UK Passport Duration

Wikiposts

TWP study permits/ UK Passport Duration

Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default TWP study permits/ UK Passport Duration

Just wondered if anyone had come across this issue for a TWP application.

I've received LMO which is for 3 years and am in the process of completing TWP application.

From what I understand the TWP is normally granted for the duration given in the LMO.

The instructions say that the passport has to be valid for at least the duration of the TWP.

Passports for myself and wife are valid for just over 7 years so should be okay. However, passports for children are only valid for just over 2 years. (All passports were granted at the same time and childrens can only be valid for 5 years.)

Along with my TWP as principal applicant there will be open TWP for wife and study permits for children.

I just wonder if the shorter duration on the childrens passports will cause any problems. Presumably in the worst case the TWPs will still be granted for 3 years and the study permits only for just over 2 years.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:45 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP study permits/ UK Passport Duration

how old are your kids? if they are close (two weeks prior to thier 16th birthday), then i would suggest getting them full adult passports.....if they are younger, i would still get a new passport, because it will give them 5 years + the passport office will give you 9months extra from thier old passports = 5years and 9months.....are you applying for PR once landed on TWP? if yes, no problems to your query, although personally, for the cost, i would get them new UK passports anyway....gives you one less thing to think about for nearly six years, right.....good luck