Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP - Study Permit instead of SOWP?

Wikiposts

TWP - Study Permit instead of SOWP?

Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default TWP - Study Permit instead of SOWP?

I understand that I can apply for SOWP and children's Study Permits at the same time as husband's TWP. If I want to study as a graduate student whilst we are there, can I apply for Study permit alongside TWP, or should I wait until 'in country' and use the 'change' application form. Would I then need to surrender my SOWP and get an off-campus wp? I'm a bit baffled... The study permit application form treats OH and kids as my dependents for permission to come into the country, but they'd be there anyway on TWP... It seems fairly straightforward if I'm the principal applicant - ie he can have a SOWP and the kids get study permits, but what if he's the principal applicant? (He's likely to be going first whilst we wait out the end of term...)
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:49 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP - Study Permit instead of SOWP?

Hi

Originally Posted by debbiem
I understand that I can apply for SOWP and children's Study Permits at the same time as husband's TWP. If I want to study as a graduate student whilst we are there, can I apply for Study permit alongside TWP, or should I wait until 'in country' and use the 'change' application form. Would I then need to surrender my SOWP and get an off-campus wp? I'm a bit baffled... The study permit application form treats OH and kids as my dependents for permission to come into the country, but they'd be there anyway on TWP... It seems fairly straightforward if I'm the principal applicant - ie he can have a SOWP and the kids get study permits, but what if he's the principal applicant? (He's likely to be going first whilst we wait out the end of term...)
1. If your spouse is on TWP there is nothing stopping you from apply for study permit, that is if you are willing to pay international fees, rather than a spousal work permit.
2. Note that you will not get an off campus work permit until you have completed 6 months of satisfactory study.