TWP, SOWP & SP at POE - Phew!

Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

lancsmanny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP, SOWP & SP at POE - Phew!

I have trawled through wiki's and threads etc but cannot find out the following: I have a +ve LMO (under skilled worker A in an occupation which does not require a medical) which enables my wife to apply for a Spousal Open Work Permit. My two boys, aged 4 & 5 will aslo be travelling with us and so their Study Permits can be issued as well (please advise if they need Study Permits or not in Alberta as I have read conflicting information). I have a job lined up and so will be staying but my wife and boys will be returning home after a couple of weeks until the house is sold.

Why question is: if we all show up at the Calgary Airport immigration desk and present the necessary documents for a TWP, SOWP & SP's, can my wife and son's return to UK with the permits all sorted out so that when they return they can waltz through immigration without any aggro?

I realise that all of the above is dependant on CIC issuing me with a TWP but for the sake or arguement lets say they will.

Thanks for any help and apologies for the circuitous explanation.

Best M
Old Jun 19th 2008, 2:37 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP, SOWP & SP at POE - Phew!

Originally Posted by lancsmanny
My two boys, aged 4 & 5 will aslo be travelling with us and so their Study Permits can be issued as well (please advise if they need Study Permits or not in Alberta as I have read conflicting information).
I wish I could help you on this one, but I cannot.

Technically, children of work permit holders do not need study permits in Alberta. But, at least in the case of the Calgary Board of Education, children of some work permit holders have not been allowed to enroll in school until they have obtained study permits. So, my advice is to either get it in writing from the relevant school board that they will accept your children without study permits (an e-mail would do) or bite the bullet and buy the study permits.

Note that children do not need study permits in order to attend private nursery schools (pre-school). Government-funded schooling starts in kindergarten, which children generally enter around the age of 5. (See School Age Categories.) So, even if you determine that your 5-year-old needs a study permit, your 4-year-old definitely will not need one.

if we all show up at the Calgary Airport immigration desk and present the necessary documents for a TWP, SOWP & SP's, can my wife and son's return to UK with the permits all sorted out so that when they return they can waltz through immigration without any aggro?
Yes.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Do bear in mind that your wife will need written permission to travel with the children without you. There is loads of info on this if you have a search through.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lancsmanny
Why question is: if we all show up at the Calgary Airport immigration desk and present the necessary documents for a TWP, SOWP & SP's, can my wife and son's return to UK with the permits all sorted out so that when they return they can waltz through immigration without any aggro?

In answer to this part of your post. Your family we be requested to go to the immigration officers on their return for their permits to be verified - nothing to worry about and just a formality.

This happened to me and my little one when we returned and is nothing to worry about - I just explained that I had returned to sort the house and was now coming back to live with the rest of my family.

I realise that all of the above is dependant on CIC issuing me with a TWP but for the sake or arguement lets say they will.

Thanks for any help and apologies for the circuitous explanation.

Best M
Dont worry everything will be fine.

Gaynor
x