TWP with SN child? PR?

Old Jun 26th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default TWP with SN child? PR?

How would that work then?
Or is it better for OH to travel on TWP alone, apply for PR for family fast track, and see if we're eligible... (it's 50/50 we would be turned down due to daughter's sn on 'burden to state' grounds)... absolutely understand that we may get turned down for PR and he'd/we'd have to return to UK...
Trying to decide if we are brave enough to try to TWP instead of waiting out the SW queue in the current climate (AORJan 07)
Poss job offer with LMO if we are brave enough...
Anyone know how TWP status affects schooling/ health for sn kids? talking routine physio/ OT etc (routine but not frequent...)
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:44 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP with SN child? PR?

Sadly, I fear you are correct and that this condition (if you mean sensory neuropathy) would likely make him inadmissible and therefore your application would be refused. This is not a medical opinion and I am not a medical doctor. Only by applying for PR can you truly know how it would affect your case.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Jim,

if you have professional documentation to prove that the sn (special needs) are of no burben to UK ed or health system - and will not effect child future adult life - how is this likely to be viewed by visa officer?
Old Jun 27th 2008, 6:15 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I had to look up SN and it seemed to be sensory neuropathy. Special needs can be tricky but if you have documentation about the handling of the situation and the child's progress then I have seen cases accepted. Documentation and individual status are most important. Further medical reports and tests may also be requested so there will be delays.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

sorry, Jim - another case of language barrier!

She has mild cerebral palsy, walks, talks and has no learning difficulties... but does still have some gross/fine motor delays, so has infrequent therapy to monitor her progress and provide advice, and some additional support in (mainstream) school.

I can't find any barrier to us going on TWP - since I posted this I've spoken to AHCIP and they would cover any referrals that the physician makes... the advantage from our point of view is that we would be able to fast-track our PR application so that we would get to the medicals point (especially with the current SAP saga for SW - we actually only applied Jan 07). I've been all through the DMP handbook and I know she would instantly be referred for spec medical after they pull her med records etc, but it's 50/50 on what the outcome would be, and no way of finding out without getting to that point...

I've had an interesting discussion with Calgary regional health too, and I think the waiting lists for therapists are around 12 months...

so, lots of thinking to do. It might be better for OH to go on TWP and fast-track the PR and for us to remain in the UK until we know...

Big decision!