TWP runs out in November

Old Oct 5th 2010, 1:52 pm
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice
Default Re: TWP runs out in November

ross family,

i have spoken with my husband and he thinks a little differently from me ,he thinks you should send away for the new wp with ainp nomination now, so that you have a valid wp at the time you land.....it may look better!
he thinks that its not such a huge deal to arrange a refund of your wp.

he thinks that the border trip is unneccessary and that you should just send away for it ......that way you will be on implied status .

im sorry about throwing the different opinions out there and adding to your confusion but i think my hubby has a good point.
it will feel better "landing" if all the paperwork is up to date!

good luck and yes i will keep you posted!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:04 am
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Hubby rang AINP and they said that we shouldn't just head for the border as we could encounter a jobsworth Customs Officer. We can apply for an extension on-line and should do so about 2 weeks prior to our current one expiring so that we have implied status and can continue working. Then if the PR comes through we can apply for a refund.

Thanks all for your help!

The Ross Family
Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:27 pm
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

thats great news...at least you know what to do for sure now and hopefully ppr will come right away anyway!

fingers crossed

M
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Sorry I missed that bit - if you have your AINP approval - they will issue you a letter which you can take to the border to get an new WP without an LMO. If you have NOT received AINP approval yet, then you would need an new LMO.
Just adding my own two cents here. My employer made a mess of my AINP PR application, didnt return a piece of paper in time. The application was closed, leaving me in the lurch as we cannot renew my TWP in January when it expires as i have not received AINP approval for PR. So now they have to do the LMO application...will it come in time...?

If you're not already nominated, I would get your LMO sorted it pronto.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 3:14 pm
Permanent resident

Originally Posted by stuabroad
Just adding my own two cents here. My employer made a mess of my AINP PR application, didnt return a piece of paper in time. The application was closed, leaving me in the lurch as we cannot renew my TWP in January when it expires as i have not received AINP approval for PR. So now they have to do the LMO application...will it come in time...?

If you're not already nominated, I would get your LMO sorted it pronto.
that has happened to us already....it slowed us down and was a bit of a panic at the time but we got through it ...we got our lmo and started ainp application process again with a new employer!
get the lmo application organised right away and you will be on implied status if it doesnt make it back in time but im confident by january that if your going to get an approved lmo ,you will do so by january...good luck!
Old Oct 11th 2010, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. We have a nmeeting with the Minister of Immigration on Friday to discuss my AINP case, not that I'm holding much hope. There seems to be no flexibility in the system for paperwork returned evena few days late. Completely my employers fault...yet AINP did NOT make me aware at anytime that a letter was being sent to them asking for information to move onto the next part of the PR process. A 30 day window is all that is given for the paperwork to be returned, no 2nd letter prompting. We submitted a letter of appeal whihch took 2 months just to get a response.

Anyways let's hope the LMO is sorted...my g/f and I may get married early...!
Old Oct 12th 2010, 1:19 am
Permanent resident

Originally Posted by stuabroad
Thanks. We have a nmeeting with the Minister of Immigration on Friday to discuss my AINP case, not that I'm holding much hope. There seems to be no flexibility in the system for paperwork returned evena few days late. Completely my employers fault...yet AINP did NOT make me aware at anytime that a letter was being sent to them asking for information to move onto the next part of the PR process. A 30 day window is all that is given for the paperwork to be returned, no 2nd letter prompting. We submitted a letter of appeal whihch took 2 months just to get a response.

Anyways let's hope the LMO is sorted...my g/f and I may get married early...!
yeah ...thats just not fair...i understand your frustration...good luck with the meeting and keep us posted on the result !