TWP runs out in November

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 11:03 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of
Question TWP runs out in November

but we have had our medicals, sent to Buffalo, via Ontario at the end of July, we are at the end of the journey via AINP etc.

So my question is - do we wait until the very last minute and hop over the border to renew our WP in case our passport requests arrive in time? Or should fork out the extra $$$ now to renew them?

If we go to Montana to renew what documentation should we take with us?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated (as always)

The Ross Family
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:08 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP runs out in November

Originally Posted by The Ross Family
but we have had our medicals, sent to Buffalo, via Ontario at the end of July, we are at the end of the journey via AINP etc.

So my question is - do we wait until the very last minute and hop over the border to renew our WP in case our passport requests arrive in time? Or should fork out the extra $$$ now to renew them?

If we go to Montana to renew what documentation should we take with us?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated (as always)

The Ross Family
You could only renew your WP if you had a new LMO - I would get onto CIC and chase them up - stating that your WP expires in November - you need PPR issued ASAP or you need to get a new LMO. See what they come back with.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to renew your WP with a LMO, I advise you to sort it sooner rather than later....my OH's WP ran out September 1st and we applied for an extension July 13th....and we are still waiting. I mentioned about going to the border for a new WP but was advised against it as the powers that be at the border can be a bit arsey about giving out WP's. The processing times via Vegreville at the moment for renewal is 76 days but we are on 83 days up to now
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:50 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

I thought as we were in the queue for processing via AINP that we would not need to get a new LMO, we are skilled worker, employer driven stream.

I have tried contacting CIC with little joy - you can not get them to answer the phone or email enquiries.

The Ross Family
Old Oct 4th 2010, 1:10 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I thought as we were in the queue for processing via AINP that we would not need to get a new LMO, we are skilled worker, employer driven stream.

I have tried contacting CIC with little joy - you can not get them to answer the phone or email enquiries.

The Ross Family
Sorry I missed that bit - if you have your AINP approval - they will issue you a letter which you can take to the border to get an new WP without an LMO. If you have NOT received AINP approval yet, then you would need an new LMO.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 2:49 pm
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

hey Ross family

As you know, we have very similar timelines and this wait for ppr is very ,very difficult but you have your ainp approval and renewing your wp should be straight forward.
im pretty confident our ppr has got to come this month,i wouldnt be surprised if you announced it this week .
i would hold off ,otherwise you will need to apply for a refund and thats just more hassle!
good luck and keep us posted!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

pollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to all

Hello, we are still waiting and meds carried out about same time as yours. Our TWP run out in January so we are not sure what to do. Perhaps we will all hear this week that would be good. Let us know when you do hear.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:52 pm
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

Originally Posted by pollyb
Hello, we are still waiting and meds carried out about same time as yours. Our TWP run out in January so we are not sure what to do. Perhaps we will all hear this week that would be good. Let us know when you do hear.
yes we all do seem to have similar timelines, but i see you, pollyb, has already paid the rprf......should i be concerned that we havent had this request yet?
i thought it would come with the passport request?

good luck and i hope we all have a ppr email this week!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

pollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to all

Just after we had letter about going for medicals, we recieved another letter saying they had completed initial assessment of our application and if we hadn't already had our medicals done, we needed to immediately and that they didn't need any further paperwork but to send our RPRF fee.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

You should have sent of for an extension of your WP at the same time as you sent of the other docs, giving you case #, that way you would have been covered. I got my PR and they refunded the extension fee aswell as it wasn't needed, but it was close approx 1 week
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:09 pm
Permanent resident

Originally Posted by pollyb
Just after we had letter about going for medicals, we recieved another letter saying they had completed initial assessment of our application and if we hadn't already had our medicals done, we needed to immediately and that they didn't need any further paperwork but to send our RPRF fee.
thanks.....i may just send in an email enquiry about that then.....i would hate to have slowed my own processing by having not sent in rprf!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 7:50 pm
Permanent resident

i have sent my email enquiry about ropf and i have been assured it will come with the ppr.
i have also been told to expect ppr to take several months but not clear on wether it means several more months on top of (the almost ) 3 months we have already waited!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 1:42 am
Permanent Resident

So if we don't hear anything re our PPR before the WP runs out we can scoot down to the border with our AINP number and letter and we should get it renewed? Is this correct?

This PR lark is very confusing and VERY STRESSFUL....

Good luck everyone in the same little boat as us - let me know if you hear anything!

The Ross Family
Old Oct 5th 2010, 2:15 am
Permanent resident

So if we don't hear anything re our PPR before the WP runs out we can scoot down to the border with our AINP number and letter and we should get it renewed? Is this correct?

This PR lark is very confusing and VERY STRESSFUL....

Good luck everyone in the same little boat as us - let me know if you hear anything!

The Ross Family
as i understand it ...yes!
thats what i would be expecting to do.

im sure someone will correct me if im wrong !

good luck and i hope ppr comes before you need to worry about the border trip!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 3:50 am
Permanent Resident

Thanks Murrin

Keep me posted on your progress.

The Ross Family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.