Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP - request for more info questions

TWP - request for more info questions

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:50 am
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice
Default TWP - request for more info questions

Hi

We had a request for further info for our TWP application, this was six weeks (and a day) after submission of the application. We have 60 days to submit the documents but hope to sumbit within 30 days. I'm trying to work out timings and wondered if anyone has experience on how much this sort of delay cost them in terms of time and the length of time the CIC then took to process the application once the requested information had been received. Just trying to work out if all our carefully planned timings with selling the house and moving out there have been cocked up now and if I'm going to have to find a short term rental here in the UK if successful.

Also, the really paranoid question - did anyone go on to get a successful twp application after they sent off the requested further information, the few people I've seen on here that have had to send further documentation haven't necessarily had good news after.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice
Default Re: TWP - request for more info questions

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45
Hi

We had a request for further info for our TWP application, this was six weeks (and a day) after submission of the application. We have 60 days to submit the documents but hope to sumbit within 30 days. I'm trying to work out timings and wondered if anyone has experience on how much this sort of delay cost them in terms of time and the length of time the CIC then took to process the application once the requested information had been received. Just trying to work out if all our carefully planned timings with selling the house and moving out there have been cocked up now and if I'm going to have to find a short term rental here in the UK if successful.

Also, the really paranoid question - did anyone go on to get a successful twp application after they sent off the requested further information, the few people I've seen on here that have had to send further documentation haven't necessarily had good news after.
Ours was last year, but CIC London requested other stuff and it took them a further 4 weeks minimum for us to hear anything after that. It could've even been 6 weeks. We had to fill out a low skill form and supply police certificates.

I suppose it depends on the type of 'further information'!!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:44 am
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Ours was last year, but CIC London requested other stuff and it took them a further 4 weeks minimum for us to hear anything after that. It could've even been 6 weeks. We had to fill out a low skill form and supply police certificates.

I suppose it depends on the type of 'further information'!!
Thank you, I take it you got there ok in the end? I really fear we could end up homeless lol!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Thank you, I take it you got there ok in the end? I really fear we could end up homeless lol!
I know what you mean. We were really panicking when waiting because we'd already sold the house and moved out when they asked for more info!!

We made it here at the end of Aug 08 after a painful 8 months since job offer. I'm sure everything will be fine in the end, take deep breaths and drink wine!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:43 pm
In limbo!

Originally Posted by Lloydies
I know what you mean. We were really panicking when waiting because we'd already sold the house and moved out when they asked for more info!!

We made it here at the end of Aug 08 after a painful 8 months since job offer. I'm sure everything will be fine in the end, take deep breaths and drink wine!
Thank you. Daren't drink wine or I will end up with an alcohol problem to boot the way I'm feeling right now lol!! Chocolate on the other hand ...

Thanks for replying and glad you got over ok, 8 months you must have been pulling your hair out!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

rickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the roughrickuk is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

We got asked for further information 3 weeks into our application. We sent the required info off within a day or two and we got our visa's back 2 days before the 6 week period.

Richard & Natalie
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

Hi we also got asked for further information (stuff we had already submitted!) we sent it off within the week but I also needed my medical at that point so it was a further 5 weeks until we got our permit letters but nevertheless they came
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you. Daren't drink wine or I will end up with an alcohol problem to boot the way I'm feeling right now lol!! Chocolate on the other hand ...

Thanks for replying and glad you got over ok, 8 months you must have been pulling your hair out!
Chocolate's good too!!! I LOVE chocolate. As for the hair .... I'm just growing the bald patches out now!! LOL

Good luck
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:08 am
In limbo!

Thanks everyone, it is going to take us a few weeks to get the stuff together they have requested, I was just worried that we were going to then go to the back of the queue so to speak because that would really throw all the timings out.

Really appreciate all the feedback, I don't recall ever being this stressed in my life, it is quite some process we have to go through isn't it?