Wikiposts

TWP and Regulated Occupations

Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:59 am
Im strange but not scary!

city4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the rough
Question TWP and Regulated Occupations

Just been doing some research on the HRSDC web site and came across this at the bottom of one of the pages.
Also, please be aware that CIC will not issue a work permit if the foreign worker does not meet certification and licensing requirements for regulated occupations in Canada (e.g. doctors, engineers, tradespersons). Making the necessary arrangements with the regulatory body for certification and licensing is the employer's and the foreign worker's responsibility.
So dose this mean that when you apply for a TWP you need to show that your eligible to sit your trade exam? Do you need a letter from the Ministry of training apprentice office to show your eligibility??
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TWP and Regulated Occupations

Originally Posted by city4
Just been doing some research on the HRSDC web site and came across this at the bottom of one of the pages.

So dose this mean that when you apply for a TWP you need to show that your eligible to sit your trade exam? Do you need a letter from the Ministry of training apprentice office to show your eligibility??
You will need to be assessed and approved before a WP is issued. After this you will be require to sit and pass an exam (usually with-in a 6 month time scale) before a licence is issued.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:31 pm

city4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Re: TWP and Regulated Occupations

Thats a nightmare!!! Just come back from Canada and had my Qualification and work experience assessed at a Ministry of training and education apprentice office in Mississauga, everything was fine and was informed I was eligible to challenge the exam but I didnt get anything in writing!!!!!!
Think it going to be a pain in the ass to sort a written approval letter from the UK. Guess I'll have to start some serous Emailing.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:26 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TWP and Regulated Occupations

Give them a ring and they should of issued you with a sub number!!

What area of work are you looking at??
In ontario not all areas need the licence but they like you to have it!

We was advised my the ministry that hubby wouldnt need a licence to work as an industrial electrician, but most of companys want you to have it, then when you have it they like you to be PR, circles :curse:

Gill
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:34 pm

Smile Re: TWP and Regulated Occupations

Hi Gill, Im a truck mechanic.I've emailed a couple of people today so I'll see what they say. Hopefully I'll be able to sort something out.
( Fingers crossed!!!)