TWP Refused

Old Aug 29th 2012, 3:55 am
paneurocj123

christopher merritt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP Refused

Hi

Could i return to Canada as a visitor and leave Canada after a short stay even though my TWP was refused?
Old Aug 29th 2012, 9:46 am
Just Joined

shaznaz75 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey Chris, I wana know how did you get the LMO and what was the job it was for? I need one too but there are only so many employers who are willing to go the extra mile to get an LMO for you. I am sorry for the predicament you are in. I have a wife and 2 kids who live in Canada and I am desperately looking to get an LMO/Job offer!!
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:17 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You are noted in the computer record as an immigration scoff law so I do not think you can easily re-enter Canada at this time.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at this from his point of view - he just wants to be with his wife in Canada, and if allowed to, he would like to work and support the family. There is no evidence of any criminal record, and no evidence of intention to work without permission - in fact the evidence suggests he sought to work legally in Canada.

My answer to the question in these circumstances would be as follows: yes, CBSA and the immigration officers will want to refuse you entry as a visitor. If you have some money, are really very determined to see your wife, you have to be prepared to be detained for up to 72 hours (yes, this is a really hard path) - then you can try to come in as a visitor. Insist on having a detention review, ensure you have good counsel, and that you have someone other than your wife who is prepared and able to put up a bond. You may then have the worst experience of your life and be sent back, but at least you will have tried. Alternatively, you may be released on a bond. By the way ...if and when you are released on a bond, you can apply for a work permit (maybe inland).

Yes, again, I know it's a very difficult path. My alternate advice would be: wait for a sponsorship application by your wife to reach CHC London - the chances of being approved as a visitor or a work permit would be a little better then. Otherwise, you are out of luck ... you just have to wait until a spousal sponsorship application is completed.

Last edited by firstchoice; Aug 29th 2012 at 1:59 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firstchoice
Look at this from his point of view - he just wants to be with his wife in Canada, and if allowed to, he would like to work and support the family. There is no evidence of any criminal record, and no evidence of intention to work without permission - in fact the evidence suggests he sought to work legally in Canada.

My answer to the question in these circumstances would be as follows: yes, CBSA and the immigration officers will want to refuse you entry as a visitor. If you have some money, are really very determined to see your wife, you have to be prepared to be detained for up to 72 hours (yes, this is a really hard path),then try to come in as a visitor. Insist on having a detention review, ensure you have good counsel, and that you have someone other than your wife who is prepared and able to put up a bond. You may then have the worst experience of your life and be sent back, but at least you will have tried. Alternatively, you may be released on a bond. By the way ...if and when you are released on a bond, you can apply for a work permit (probably inland).

Yes, again, I know it's a very difficult path. My alternate advice would be: wait for a sponsorship application by your wife to reach CHC London - the chances of being approved as a visitor or a work permit would be a little better then ... otherwise, you are out of luck ... you just have to wait until a spousal sponsorship application is completed.
It's good to provide the OP with this information concerning what could happen if he attempts to enter as a visitor, but I think you're jumping the gun a bit by implying he's very likely to be detained.

If he gets on a plane there now, when he gets off the plane, as long as he explains clearly that he understands his work permit was refused and that he is merely there on a family visit to see relatives he hasn't seen in while and has a return ticket booked in one week, I think he stands a good chance of being allowed in- up to him if he wants to spend the money on a flight knowing he could be refused.

Assuming he is allowed in, he can then return and use the fact that he observed the rules of his tourist status on this trip to re-assure them that the time he did overstay is now something of the past and that he can be trusted to leave when required to if granted a TWP.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe ... but you may be underestimating the chances . - of course when people call me from the POE it is usually in the throes of a negative experience. I would like to think you are correct, but fear you are indulging in a bit of a leap of faith here. Maybe we can obtain some further comments from the CBSA people on this Board?.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 4:48 am
paneurocj123

Hi
thankyou for all your replies.

Can i re-apply for my TWP as my circumstances have changed?
Old Aug 31st 2012, 4:59 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Your circumstances are exactly the same and your motive has not changed so do not expect a different answer.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:30 am
paneurocj123

Thankyou for your reply

I have a very good friend who would like to sponsor me, in Canada,would it be possible for them?
How long do i have to stay in the UK if neither sponsor or TWP do not work out before it's possible to re-enter Canada under good faith?
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:32 am

At your age only a spouse could sponsor you.