TWP Refused

Old Aug 25th 2012, 4:59 pm
paneurocj123

christopher merritt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP Refused

Hi
I have just had a letter from Immigration London refusing to issue a TWP because i have not satisfied them on a couple of points:

1.That i would not leave Canada by the end of the period authorized.

2.My history of having contravened the condition of admission on a previous stay in Canada.

3.Your Family ties in Canada and in my country of residence.

I have family over there in Canada,but unfortunately i over stayed.

Please could someone give me advise as to weather i am able to go back to Canada as a vistor or would i be refused entry?

Thankyou
Old Aug 25th 2012, 5:33 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP Refused

You are in their computer so this will always be a problem at least for the future or until there is some positive development on you part.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 5:58 pm
paneurocj123

Hi

Thankyou for your reply,
yes i am on their computer system as i did go to the border at Couttes to see if i could get a TWP as i had an LMO when i was in Canada.
They even took a photo of me!!
Old Aug 25th 2012, 6:08 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christopher merritt
Hi

Thankyou for your reply,
yes i am on their computer system as i did go to the border at Couttes to see if i could get a TWP as i had an LMO when i was in Canada.
They even took a photo of me!!
But also for the overstay.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you have just received the letter for refusal then my advice is not to travel in the very near future as you would likely be refused entry. Why would an examining officer want to overide a decision made by the officer in London.
What has changed?
Old Aug 26th 2012, 12:58 pm
paneurocj123

Hi
What has changed is i am now in full time employment here in the UK where as i did put on my application i was currently umemployed.
I do have family ties in Canada and family ties here in the UK.
How long do i have to wait before i could enter back into Canada as my LMO is valid until October 2012?
Old Aug 26th 2012, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Legally as you have a valid LMO and if a UK citizen and doing a job that doesnt require a medical then you can apply for the TWP at a Canadian Port of Entry.
You will have to convince the examining officer that you will leave Canada and will return. You could be refused entry as well which means being put back on a plane to the UK or place of last embarkation.
You could try contacting CHC and inform them of the changes and hope they issue the LOI for the TWP to be issued.
Unfortunately you cannot get a 100% guaranteed answer on this.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 2:31 pm
paneurocj123

Hi thankyou for your reply.
When i did get LMO through when i was in Canada i telephoned the CIC office on 4 occasions to confirm that i could get my TWP issued at the border.
They all said that i should go to the border and it would be issued!
Unfortunately when i got to Coutts, immigration refused my TWP and asked me to return to my country of residence (UK), as i was an over stayer by 3 weeks!
The guys on the telephone (CIC) knew that i was an over stayer and told me to get to the border immediately which i did,and the TWP will be issued.
No, an order was given against me,i thought i was saving money by getting my TWP issued at the border,unfortunately it stung me hard in the tail.I was very sorry to the immigration officer for over staying,as i am a law ob biding citizen.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

alexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nice

Originally Posted by christopher merritt
.I was very sorry to the immigration officer for over staying,as i am a law ob biding citizen.
...except for the immigration law that required you to leave.....
Old Aug 26th 2012, 8:14 pm

You have a full time job but still you are in a seeming hurry to return to Canada which suggests and unmentioned goal here. That is how any imm officer will see it.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 8:42 pm
paneurocj123

Hi

I have a common-in-law wife with 2 children in Canada,
We have been living together for 3 years.Hence why i want to get back to Canada.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 8:55 pm

If you have a common-law spouse in Canada she could sponsor you if she wishes. That would clear up the situation completely. Otherwise it is just one more reason for refusal of entry.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 9:11 pm
paneurocj123

Thankyou
she is looking into sponsorship.
I have informed my future employer in Canada that my TWP has been refused and he has said he would sponsor me too.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 10:39 pm

Your future employer cannot sponsor you except perhaps under a PNP. So be nice to your spouse!
Old Aug 27th 2012, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Could he not go there on holiday, using the fact he has a job in the UK now/explaining he wishes to spend time with his family there as ties to his home country and then, once he's returned from his holiday in Canada, re-apply via the High Commission, explaining he's learned from his mistake and that the fact he didn't overstay on his holiday illustrates that he'd be no more likely to overstay once his TWP is up?

Last edited by BritishExpatriate; Aug 27th 2012 at 4:41 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.