Old Oct 5th 2014, 4:34 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1
Danny Lincs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP or PR FSW

Hi I am lucky enough to have a job offer from a company (my cousins in Alberta) that is for a highly skilled engineering post that will pay in excess of $150000 per year. However I have to get a visa of some sort to get in the country to take up the post.

Reading other posts the company has to apply for an LMO so the Canadian authorities agree a non-Canadian can take up the post.

Here is the first question
Assuming the company gets a positive LMO outcome. For the last 10 years or more I have been working in IT management however the role my cousin wants me to take up is a engineer in the oil and gas industry. This is the type of work I have done years ago but I cannot show recent work history in this area. My cousin is more than happy I can do the role but will the Canadian authorities stop me getting the job if I don't have recent experience I can demonstrate with CV's and employer references.

At this stage I am looking for the easiest way in to the county with a legal work permit and residents permit (temporary or permanent).

Is the TWP the simplest and shortest route to take? or should I look at the more complicated PR FSW option?

Thanks in advance
Danny Lincs is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.