Wikiposts

TWP & PR Applications!!!!!!

Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:05 am
Just Joined

ZanderGlw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP & PR Applications!!!!!!

Hi Folks

Im just at the begining of the proccess here, and im just looking to clear up some confusion i have!

I intend to apply for PR to at least secure a place in the ever expanding queue, but my question is, if i got offered a job from an employer in canada and they wanted me to start with them , can i apply for a TWP and come to canada at the same time as having an application (submited to london) for PR in the queue?

sorry if it a realy basic question and im just being daft, but i think im best getting some info before talking any action!

any help is realy appreciated guys!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:10 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP & PR Applications!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ZanderGlw
Hi Folks

Im just at the begining of the proccess here, and im just looking to clear up some confusion i have!

I intend to apply for PR to at least secure a place in the ever expanding queue, but my question is, if i got offered a job from an employer in canada and they wanted me to start with them , can i apply for a TWP and come to canada at the same time as having an application (submited to london) for PR in the queue?

sorry if it a realy basic question and im just being daft, but i think im best getting some info before talking any action!

Yes you can (providing you get positive lmo).
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.

Well that was nice and easy!!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:13 am
Just Joined

many thanks for the reply guys!, now all i have to do is find a job lol optimism is th name of the game i suppose!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:14 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes.

Well that was nice and easy!!
The hard part is convincing a canadian employer to even bother to respond to you emails/calls...never mind offer you a job!
Persistence is the key- dont be put off by sending out 30/40 cv's and not getting a response.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:18 am
Just Joined

thanks jericho,

im thinking that if i can at least get in the queue its a step in the right direction, and if i cant convince an employer to give me a job then ive got the time to, gain experience, persue a job, add to my quailifications for when the time comes when i do get to canada!

thanks for the reply!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

alex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nice

Hi Folks

Done the same thing myself Zander like Jericho says, "persistence is the key."
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alex_glw
Done the same thing myself Zander like Jericho says, "persistence is the key."
Hey Alex

Howdy Doody - hope you are all well

Gaynor
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

thanks alex_glw

i'll keep at it!!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

alex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nice

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hey Alex

Howdy Doody - hope you are all well

Gaynor
Hey Gaynor how are you............Beautiful morning out there eh? only -43 (wind chill)
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

thanks alex_glw

i'll keep at it!!
Best of luck Zander.

What line of work are you in anyway?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Hi alex_glw

thats a bit of astory in itself m8 lol!

done IT at college, but been with for bank of scotland for 7 years (so at least ive got a good amount of work experience to draw on) up until may last year, and decided to get my act together about the whole immigration thing, updated my qualifications for IT!! so im hard at IT just now!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:22 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought of getting employment with a UK company that has a Canadian branch or sister compny. After a year there you can apply for a company transfer I believe.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Hi captinhook

i hadnt actually thought of that m8, but thanks its definetly worth exploring!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alex_glw
Hey Gaynor how are you............Beautiful morning out there eh? only -43 (wind chill)
I am well hun.

You know I must be very strange but these temps are not bothering me at all - hope all is well Alex

Gaynor
x