TWP > PR or AINP Advice

Old Feb 4th 2012, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

superd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP > PR or AINP Advice

I feel like I've hit a brick wall and I'm seeking some advice encase I've missed something.

I've been a TWP (NOC-C) in Alberta, Canada for three years with the same company. The company would now like to help me gain my PR status so I can stay with them. They are promoting me and applying for a new LMO for a NOC-B.

Once we receive a positive LMO, I believe I can apply for a new TWP (application to change conditions or extend stay) for another year.

Problem - In order to apply for PR (Canadian Experience Class) I require two years work experience in the (new) NOC-B. My three years NOC-C is not recognized at all, and as of last year (April 1, 2011) the Canadian Government implemented a change that only allows TWP holders to accumulate 4 years in Canada.

That said, I've been looking into the AINP and according to the criteria listed on the website, both my employer and myself (candidate) would be applicable once I have a TWP with a positive NOC-B.

If I successfully apply through the AINP and wish to apply for PR as a Provincial Nominee, do I have to meet similar expectations as the Canadian Experience Class? Also, the AINP sounds like an ideal plan of action. Is there a catch / disadvantage to the program?
Old Feb 4th 2012, 7:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP > PR or AINP Advice

Hi, and welcome to BE.

AINP is definitely an option from what you've said (completely different criteria to CEC, so it doesn't matter that you don't qualify under CEC), but you seem to have missed Federal Skilled Worker which would also be a possibility once you are NOC Level B.

Old Feb 4th 2012, 7:19 pm
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

I'd recommend the AINP route, if you get the new TWP you should be able to apply after 6 months. Gaining the provincial nomination then applying for PR would mean that, should you need a further TWP while the PR application is 'In Process' you don't need a new LMO, just the AINP letter for the application.

Also when I submitted my SINP in 2010, It was not necessary for provincial nominees to sit the IELTS English test.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by superd
I feel like I've hit a brick wall and I'm seeking some advice encase I've missed something.

I've been a TWP (NOC-C) in Alberta, Canada for three years with the same company. The company would now like to help me gain my PR status so I can stay with them. They are promoting me and applying for a new LMO for a NOC-B.

Once we receive a positive LMO, I believe I can apply for a new TWP (application to change conditions or extend stay) for another year.

Problem - In order to apply for PR (Canadian Experience Class) I require two years work experience in the (new) NOC-B. My three years NOC-C is not recognized at all, and as of last year (April 1, 2011) the Canadian Government implemented a change that only allows TWP holders to accumulate 4 years in Canada.

That said, I've been looking into the AINP and according to the criteria listed on the website, both my employer and myself (candidate) would be applicable once I have a TWP with a positive NOC-B.

If I successfully apply through the AINP and wish to apply for PR as a Provincial Nominee, do I have to meet similar expectations as the Canadian Experience Class? Also, the AINP sounds like an ideal plan of action. Is there a catch / disadvantage to the program?
mind this 4 years only starts from when the new rule came in and not before , so even if you had been here for 3 years up to the time of the new rules it all strts from scratch from the time the rule came in
Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:15 am
Just Joined

superd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses and sorry for the delay in responding.

With regards to the FSW, I looked at that and my trade doesn't fall under the qualifying occupations.

Regarding AINP and PR; if I successfully become a Provincial Nominee, is this something that 'expires' or is it 'continual' based on my employment contract?

I also have another query about my current TWP which expires in June. It's my understanding that, providing I submit an application to change conditions or extend stay with a positive LMO, before my current TWP expires, I can continue working the same position with the same company until I get confirmation back from CIC?

Alternatively, if my TWP expires prior to submitting an application to change conditions or extend stay, what are my options?

mind this 4 years only starts from when the new rule came in and not before , so even if you had been here for 3 years up to the time of the new rules it all strts from scratch from the time the rule came in
Really? Can you confirm this?