TWP to PR

Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:55 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default TWP to PR

Being here on a TWP (intra company so no LMO), at what point can I apply for PR and how long does it take?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future
Default Re: TWP to PR

Hi

You can apply for your PR at anytime. I have been here since August 2006 on work permit and applied for my PR in July 07......just waiting for my passports to come back from London....so 6 months in all.

Pete
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Being here on a TWP (intra company so no LMO), at what point can I apply for PR and how long does it take?
Get thru any probationary period, collect a few payslips and a letter from your employer to say he will turn your employment into a permanent contract and then apply - I would give it a few months before you submit a full application.

Gaynor
x
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:45 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Get thru any probationary period, collect a few payslips and a letter from your employer to say he will turn your employment into a permanent contract and then apply - I would give it a few months before you submit a full application.

Gaynor
x
Sounds good, I thought you had to wait a year. Do I have to apply via CHC in London or can I apply to CIC here in Canada?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, I thought you had to wait a year. Do I have to apply via CHC in London or can I apply to CIC here in Canada?
Hi Brownstar

If you are a British Citizen then you can apply to CIC London - this way the PR application gets expedited and takes around 6 months to be processed. If you send it to any other office the expediting of your PR application will not be done.

Will just mean you will have to use some sort of "signed for" postage to send the forms and passports etc.

HTH

Gaynor
x
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:09 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you had to wait a year.
You don't have to wait a year. You have to be in Canada on a permit that allows you to be here for at least a year.

The others have given you good info.

There are precise instructions in the Wiki article called Fast Track PR Application.
x
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
You don't have to wait a year. You have to be in Canada on a permit that allows you to be here for at least a year.

The others have given you good info.

There are precise instructions in the Wiki article called Fast Track PR Application.
x
Thanks all, sounds like I need to wait a few months and then get the application underway. I'm on a 2 year visa so thats covered.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

wayne-Niki is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all, sounds like I need to wait a few months and then get the application underway. I'm on a 2 year visa so thats covered.
Brownstar,

What type of work do you do? Did you get your 2yr Visa b4 coming to Canada?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by wayne-Niki
Brownstar,

What type of work do you do? Did you get your 2yr Visa b4 coming to Canada?
I'm in Recruitement for the Oil and Gas industry and we got the TWP before coming out here. You can apply at POE but why take that risk, however small, when its fairly quick to get the visa done at CHC in London.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Most people find it takes quite a while to assemble everything that you need to send off with your PR application.

It might be worth starting it now, and it might just be ready in 2/3 months time!

Good luck