TWP at Point Of Entry ??

Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of
Default TWP at Point Of Entry ??

Hi everyone ,
I would be grateful for advise re the following: I have been offered a nursing post in Ontario and am currently waiting for my LMO. Once I have this I would like to apply for TWP at POE , however as I am working as a nurse I will need a medical certificate , is it acceptable to bring this and police check when applying at POE ?

The way I understand it is that if you need a medical you can only apply from outside and not at POE ! Although CIC site does not mention this :

Eligibility to apply as you enter Canada

You can apply for a work permit as you enter Canada, but only if you meet the following requirements:
•you are temporary resident visa exempt and
• your job does not need a labour market opinion from HRSDC (some exceptions apply) or
•you hold a labour market opinion from HRSDC.

To find out if you need a medical examination, see Medical examination requirements for visitors in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

Last edited by iaink; Mar 20th 2012 at 2:14 pm. Reason: Fixed quote for clarity
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:53 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP at Point Of Entry ??

Hi

Originally Posted by snowhugs
Hi everyone ,
I would be grateful for advise re the following: I have been offered a nursing post in Ontario and am currently waiting for my LMO. Once I have this I would like to apply for TWP at POE , however as I am working as a nurse I will need a medical certificate , is it acceptable to bring this and police check when applying at POE ?

The way I understand it is that if you need a medical you can only apply from outside and not at POE ! Although CIC site does not mention this :
As you require a medical, you have to apply at an overseas office.