Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

TWP at POE-where can medical be done

TWP at POE-where can medical be done

Old Jul 9th 2013, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

segs has a brilliant futuresegs has a brilliant futuresegs has a brilliant futuresegs has a brilliant futuresegs has a brilliant futuresegs has a brilliant future
Default TWP at POE-where can medical be done

Hello all
I've had some advice to say that my husband and I can apply for TWP at POE with LMO for either of us ( so the other gets an open spousal work permit)
However we also need medicals and we were told we would need to do this in Canada(say on next holiday) first to apply at POE

Any experience with this?
I thought the need for a medical would mean we can't apply for TWP at POE with our LMO
My question is can we do the medical with a dr from the CIC list here in the UK and still apply at the POE?
Is the CIC medical here in the UK 'by invitation only'?
Thank you
Old Jul 9th 2013, 11:07 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP at POE-where can medical be done

My understanding is most TWPs don't need Medicals
For those that do ( healthcare etc) you can't apply at POE
Old Jul 10th 2013, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Medical should be done in the UK by a Panel Physician before arriving where jobs require a medical examination. This link shows the ones in England
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England
R198(2)(b) states that, in order to apply for a work permit on entry, a person must hold a valid medical certificate, if they require one.
Persons who must apply outside Canada
All persons who require a medical examination – whether TRV required or visa-exempt – unless valid medical examination results are available at the time of entry;
Old Jul 10th 2013, 1:36 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

See I knew someone would be along to correct me
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Segs
You are both docs aren't you?We are too.
I'm not sure one of you can get a SOWP, but probably I'm wrong
We both had to get TWPs for BC, Healthmatch were quite clear about that, but maybe Ontario is different and you are a psychiatrist so maybe different from GPs
But maybe check anyway, as stated above , you'll both need medicals in the UK anyway.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

segs has a brilliant futuresegs has a brilliant futuresegs has a brilliant futuresegs has a brilliant futuresegs has a brilliant futuresegs has a brilliant future

Thanks all
Snoopdawg- yes we are both docs and an immigration lawyer has told us we can do this as long as the person'tagging along' also has a physical without which they may be exempt from working with kids and in hospitals
quite crucial really as its my gp husband planning to 'tag on to my LMO'

Also healthforce ontario- the ontario equivalent of healthmatch bc have advised us this is fine
We will check again though

Former Lancastrian- thanks also
your post looks like it was cut off?
where can i get a copy of the document you qoute 'R198(2)(b) states that...'

Thanks again
Old Jul 10th 2013, 7:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Temporary foreign workers who require a medical as per R30(1)(b), or who are from a designated country where medical examinations are required and will be working for more than six months in Canada, must apply for their work permit at a visa office – whether visa-exempt or not – unless valid medical examination results are available at the time of entry.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf

Medical examination instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...exams-temp.asp

Undergo your medical exam before you submit your application - This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:

Workers
Students
Visitors (including Parent and Grandparent Super Visa)

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:

they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.
If the doctor works with a paper system:

they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

You must attach that form to your application before you submit it the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application

Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you siouxie and for the links