I will apply via the respective High Commission
38.46%
I am unsure which route to take
7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

TWP at POE Experience Thread.

Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:06 am
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Question TWP at POE Experience Thread.

Hello.

I would like to propose this thread to kkep a record of those people and their experience who have applied for a TWP at their POE.

Could you please states which POE you used, what documents your brought and how the whole experience went for you? I think this is valuable information for those of us who need to decide whether to go down this route or another.

Thank you!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TWP at POE Experience Thread.

i applied for TWP at Halifax.I did not get it that day, instead i was put on hold and given no status as my medical was still pending verification. had to report back every week until finally it was through. i paid the money and was given TWP and 2 study visas for the kids. they were very nice and helpfull.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:41 am
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by retsujou
Hello.

I would like to propose this thread to kkep a record of those people and their experience who have applied for a TWP at their POE.

Could you please states which POE you used, what documents your brought and how the whole experience went for you? I think this is valuable information for those of us who need to decide whether to go down this route or another.

Thank you!
No one else? Also noting the poll, why are you opting for the slower route via the high commission?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

i got my twp on entering experiance was ok took a while had a unhappy chappy the only documents he requested was passport and lmo
Old Oct 11th 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

kidmeup is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my TWP at calgary.
very few questions
didnt ask for my contract of employment
was there for approx 10mins

it was a pleasure
Old Oct 11th 2008, 4:53 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

We applied at POE at calgary

Real easy, took 5mins to go through, asked for LMO and advised as we was paying cash to take to desk outside room etc.
Did that, got our work permit and me a open permit and kids are kisted on mine for school

Never asked about goods to follow, never asked for goods with us etc, just real easy, got in rental car and said to each "well welcome to canada"

Been here 3 weeks and life is just so easy compared to uk, stress seems to have disapeared
(hope that helps)
Old Oct 12th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

I applied at Pearson, Toronto. Very painless, just wanted the LMO and job offer really, hardly glanced at the application.

I presume if you require a medical for a TWP then this method would not be applicable really.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

ezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant future

Hi,

We applied for a TWP at POE "Calgary" on September 27th 2008...

Was a little nervous, but for no reason! The whole process took around 30mins and was very straight forward. We were issued a 2 Year work permit and a SOWP. The officers were a little grumpy but otherwise very polite and helpful. We were asked for our job offer & LMO and that was it.

Only downside was our eldest daughters passport run's out in October 2009 which means they could only issue her with a 1 year permit. We will have to renew her passport here in Canada and then apply to extend her permit which will be fine!

Been here for 2 weeks now and just moved into our new home and loving every minute!!!! Next step PNP

All the best!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

just sounds like it was just us haveing problems then