TWp at POE

Old Jun 6th 2011, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWp at POE

Originally Posted by saz1983
Others have said to me though that they had no problems with this and had their permit issued no questions asked! It all depends on the officer you get!
Too True. Try and avoid a queue with an officer that looks like he's possibly new to the job. They may very well not fully understand the regulations (my experience) or feel that they have a point to proove. Jusy make sure that you have enough documentation to prove you employment history with your employer as well as your qualifications and you should be OK though.

Intra company transfers should not normally be a problem especially if working for a big name company, but strictly speaking unless you are a manager, you need to have experience that is not available within Canada. This can be tricky to proove if you don't have at least five, if not more, years experience, especially in technical fields. Even managers can have problems though. My first manager was almost declined his TWP because he didn't have the authority to directly fire anyone
Old Jun 6th 2011, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

sarah.h is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my i got my lmo i will be travelling to canada in sep and get my TWP at the POE, i got my lmo and work ref letter,do i need to take my bank statements and wages slip to show,getting all the paper work ready for it.do i need a police report and medical,please help
Old Jun 6th 2011, 6:34 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah.h
Hi my i got my lmo i will be travelling to canada in sep and get my TWP at the POE, i got my lmo and work ref letter,do i need to take my bank statements and wages slip to show,getting all the paper work ready for it.do i need a police report and medical,please help
No, as we have already said, all you need is the job offer letter and your LMO and that is all they should ask for. You certainly do not need police check or proof of funds.
As for the medical, you need to check whether your job demands one. Generally, any job caring for others, whether sick or well will require a medical. So anything with children or the elderly will certainly need one. Check the details for your occupation. You will need to do it very soon, I think as the medical clearance can take a while.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 5:45 am
Just Joined

bigtimeGreg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helcat12
No, as we have already said, all you need is the job offer letter and your LMO and that is all they should ask for. You certainly do not need police check or proof of funds.
As for the medical, you need to check whether your job demands one. Generally, any job caring for others, whether sick or well will require a medical. So anything with children or the elderly will certainly need one. Check the details for your occupation. You will need to do it very soon, I think as the medical clearance can take a while.
Hi all,

Just got the work permit on the airport (calgary) and want to share my experiences.

So...overall i'd say it was pretty easy and straightforward. They asked for my LMO, contract, passport. Then the officer asked if I was ever convicted of any crime anywhere. I said I wasn't and I told him I've got the police certs to prove it. He wanted to see them. They were from the 2 countries I've lived in for the last 5 years as per the info on the official Canadian immigration website. He said, so what about Hungary??? (im a hungarian citizen, that's why the broken english)
I said, I thought i only need them from the last 5 years. He said, I need police certs for all the countries I've lived in since I'm 18yo.
Anyways, he did grant me the work permit, so it's all good. He did not ask for proof of funds, but I guess he could have if he felt like it.
Then I paid the $150CAD at the cashier and all was done!
Apart form the lil misunderstanding everybody was super nice, and helpful.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Greg