Wikiposts

TWp at POE

Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Question TWp at POE

I know that this is something that is very common but how much risk is attached to getting TWP this way? How likely is it that you will be refused?

Advice from anyone who has done this already would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tracy
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TWp at POE

Originally Posted by tracys
I know that this is something that is very common but how much risk is attached to getting TWP this way? How likely is it that you will be refused?

Advice from anyone who has done this already would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tracy
That`s exactly what I did.

As long as you have a valid LMO and job offer, and are not inadmissible for some reason (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...lity/index.asp) then I can`t see you having any problems.

Having said that, it`s nerve wracking, but very straight forward :-)
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spaceace
That`s exactly what I did.

As long as you have a valid LMO and job offer, and are not inadmissible for some reason (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...lity/index.asp) then I can`t see you having any problems.

Having said that, it`s nerve wracking, but very straight forward :-)
Cheers Spaceace, not got job offer yet, got interview in May. If all goes well they'll get an LMO.

Tracy
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

kewl......LMO is the key

good luck with that
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

saz1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't need an LMO as I was an intra company tranferee but I had a horrendous time at border control (Niagara Falls). I was questioned to death about my job, my skills and the "uniqueness" of my skills. The officer was googling my skills while asking me these questions and at one point said she didn't think I qualified. After an hour of grilling she grudgingly gave me a one year WP. Others have said to me though that they had no problems with this and had their permit issued no questions asked! It all depends on the officer you get!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by saz1983
I didn't need an LMO as I was an intra company tranferee but I had a horrendous time at border control (Niagara Falls). I was questioned to death about my job, my skills and the "uniqueness" of my skills. The officer was googling my skills while asking me these questions and at one point said she didn't think I qualified. After an hour of grilling she grudgingly gave me a one year WP. Others have said to me though that they had no problems with this and had their permit issued no questions asked! It all depends on the officer you get!
LMO negates all this kind of hassle because the job qualification part has been done and is taken out of the hands of the IO
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

kewl......LMO is the key

good luck with that
Thanks spaceace, I'm a bit nervous as so much resting on this. We've sold our house and will have to rent until we get PR unless we can get TWP. Really want to be in Canada for September for start of school year and OH is so fed up with his job he's grinning from ear to ear with the thought of possibly being able to hand in his notice soon.

No pressure like

Tracy
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saz1983
That must have been awful for you, glad it worked out ok in the end but I dare say your nerves could have done without the experience

Glad we won't be entering at Niagra Falls

Tracy
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:34 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I too obtained a TWP at POE (Pearson Airport) as an intra-company transferee, however mine was a petty easy experience. I had letters from an immigration lawyer, and my employer, along with my resume / CV. I was asked a few questions about my job and qualifications and all in all it took about 30 minutes to get my TWP.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tracys
Thanks spaceace, I'm a bit nervous as so much resting on this. We've sold our house and will have to rent until we get PR unless we can get TWP. Really want to be in Canada for September for start of school year and OH is so fed up with his job he's grinning from ear to ear with the thought of possibly being able to hand in his notice soon.

No pressure like

Tracy
no need to worry as long as your paperwork is in order, you'll be fine :-)
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

no need to worry as long as your paperwork is in order, you'll be fine :-)
I hope so, got to get the job offer first of course . If I get it we are going to chance it and see what happens.

Some might say we are mad but sometimes you have to take a chance in life. We'll keep the children's school places until we get the visas in our hands though, just in case.

Tracy
Old Jun 4th 2011, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

bigtimeGreg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I've just received my positive() LMO and job offer and thinking about applying at the POE since my employer wants me to start ASAP.
Since I'm applying at the POE I want to make sure everything is in order with the paperwork.

So my question is that do the LMO and job offer have to be the original or they accept the scanned copies as well?

Greg
Old Jun 5th 2011, 7:05 am
Just Joined

bigtimeGreg is an unknown quantity at this point

There's another thing that isn't clear to me.

If I apply at the POE do I need to pay the $150CAD in advance or I pay it there and then?

Thanks,

Greg
Old Jun 5th 2011, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

nikandpete is an unknown quantity at this point

You just pay it there.... good luck.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:54 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I can confirm what other posters are saying - LMO copy and job offer letter are all that is required. The LMO can be a copy as all the information is on their computer system to a access with the reference number.
My OH got his TWP at Calgary - he stopped there to see a friend on the way to Vancouver, where his job was based.
There were no difficult questions, just about 20 minutes in the office and that was that. Don't be worried at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.