TWP AT POE

Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of
Default TWP AT POE

Right hello its me again with yet another question and advise please
Hubbys LMO is going to take 3 weeks ( lawyers advice) and then we need to sort few things out here like renting our house out here, selling cars etc etc. then we are going to do the TWP on POE.

I have read lots of post about this but i am just wondering if anyone has heard of any problems at POE if so what were they?

Lawyer have said we can get TWP from Canada house in london but even with the lMO they are taking between 6 -8 weeks and then we have xmas in the middle of that too!

Does anyone have any advice please
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

pollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to all
Default Re: TWP AT POE

Originally Posted by lisadd
Right hello its me again with yet another question and advise please
Hubbys LMO is going to take 3 weeks ( lawyers advice) and then we need to sort few things out here like renting our house out here, selling cars etc etc. then we are going to do the TWP on POE.

I have read lots of post about this but i am just wondering if anyone has heard of any problems at POE if so what were they?

Lawyer have said we can get TWP from Canada house in london but even with the lMO they are taking between 6 -8 weeks and then we have xmas in the middle of that too!

Does anyone have any advice please
We are waiting for OH's LMO. Sent for 2 weeks ago. But we are hoping to get to Edmonton by end of January. So we are not sure whether to get TWP here or at POE. So the advice you get will help us as well. Where are you going in Canada?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:30 pm
bhk
Account Closed

bhk is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done POE 3 times in my life, no issue if you are a native English speaker from UK.

I would strongly recommend POE to avoid delays over the upcoming holiday season. If you are moving to Canada you will bring everything with you anyways, so you won't miss any paperwork.

Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

JoolsGod is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I will be interested in the replies too.

We are awaiting our LMO and don't know which way to apply for the TWP. Our house is on the market but we have had no interest at all so we are looking at the possibilities of renting the house for a year or so. Therefore we may be able to go sooner than we think if we go down that road.

I am the sort of person that likes to have everything in hand so i am prepared and everything is covered so the idea of doing it at POE scares me a little. We went over to visit a few weeks ago and we had to go through immigration then as they asked us if we were planning to move out there and when we relied it was a possibility they wanted to know more. Not a bad thing but i have to say i was bricking it!

We too are going to Edmonton.

Julie.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of

We are going to Calgary! did look at Edmonton too!

I think POE would be quicker so depends on start date for job!

We are renting our house out, market is so slow for selling at the mo, if we did sell wewould have to let the house go for silly money.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:47 pm
bhk
Account Closed

bhk is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2nd POE was done in Calgary (Airport), very easy going indeed!

Originally Posted by lisadd
We are going to Calgary! did look at Edmonton too!

I think POE would be quicker so depends on start date for job!

We are renting our house out, market is so slow for selling at the mo, if we did sell wewould have to let the house go for silly money.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:30 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

hubby landed on TWP at POE less than a week ago; 20mins at POE and a year granted on TWP.....PR just being finalised and sent off....no probs! we're following out at end of jan, exactly the same way.....hubby did have BC PNP though, so maybe made a difference...good luck
Old Nov 19th 2008, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

We did TWP at POE, and it really wasn't a problem at all. The solicitor provided the bundle of paperwork and we just handed it over. We did it at a land border as we were driving from the States and they couldn't have been nicer. Took about an hour all in, and we had no LMO (dh's job fell into one of the IT exemptions). The only tricky moment is when they asked for our heights and weights - I'm don't weigh myself often enough to know off the top off my head how much I weigh
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nooka
We did TWP at POE, and it really wasn't a problem at all. The solicitor provided the bundle of paperwork and we just handed it over. We did it at a land border as we were driving from the States and they couldn't have been nicer. Took about an hour all in, and we had no LMO (dh's job fell into one of the IT exemptions). The only tricky moment is when they asked for our heights and weights - I'm don't weigh myself often enough to know off the top off my head how much I weigh
Thats interesting, we will probably be in the same sittuation my OH is non LMO IT, Having read other posts on here, you need your qualification, job offer, i am not sure what else, Can you remember what else you needed ?

Good luck Lisadd
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone who has posted a reply and good luck to you all! keep in touch and let me know how it all goes.

Another day waiting here! time drags lol but before we know it we will be in Canada freezing
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about

I'll let you know doing it next sat, 29th Nov.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi There

Know this info is not directly relating to the TWP but wanted to offer some words of caution about timescales for LMOs.

My husband's prospective employer and immigration consultant applied for our LMO mid Sept and said the wait would be about 4 weeks, possibly 6 weeks but we have still not heard (more than 8 weeks on). The job is in Ontario so not your province but just wanted to say don't rely to heavily on the timescale as it is not always accurate!

Hope you manage to get yours quicker than us!

Lucy
Old Nov 19th 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

scousemartin has a spectacular aura aboutscousemartin has a spectacular aura aboutscousemartin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nooka
Wow! I'm about to submit my TWP application to CHC in London. I also think/hope my job comes under the IT jobs that don't require LMO. I was worried about delays due to Xmas hols, maybe I should just turn up in Calgary and hope for the best! No I don't think my nerves could stand it. What documentation did you bring along to POE?

SM
Old Nov 19th 2008, 1:48 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Oh landed in Van on Sat eve got a 3 yr TWP at Immi - no prob - the Immi lawyer had given him all the paper work and he trotted thru!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's probably easier (on the nerves) if you have a lawyer doing the papers, although you do need to double check everything. My husband took his job offer, the JD, his CV, a copy of his qualifications, and a covering letter from the lawyer giving all the technical detail. They also made sure the job title was one of the categories, to make it all more straightforward. He also took our marriage certificate and the kids birth certificates. To be honest he was more worried about the car which we brought over from the US, as it was on a lease. Luckily the customs guy felt that was between him and VW, so it wasn't a problem.

We did have the knowledge that if we were missing anything we could just drive back over the border and get whatever paperwork we were missing faxed/sent to us. Whether it was easier coming through a tiny border post or not I don't know, but they were very nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.